Chapter Eleven | Wondering

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep".

"Why?" Isabella says, frowning while sitting down on the lounge.

"What's she doing here?".

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out".

Heels click on the ground, signalling that Katherine is walking in "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here".

"What? Why?".

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb".

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed".

"I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance".

Isabella scoffs "Of course". Both the girls glare at each other, the doppelgänger turns around, stopped by Stefan.

"What do you know?".

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan. Come on. Be smart".

"Tell you what. Why don't you, uh...call Alaric and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep".

-

Bonnie and Jeremy look at the older brunette vampire who has decided to join them along with Damon to go to the Martin apartment. She raises her eyebrows, smirking.

"I promise that I won't bite anyone".

Jeremy chuckles nervously, as they continue to walk further to the large house.

Once they reach the house, Damon reaches forward, opening the door. He cautiously steps in "Yep. Everybody's dead".

"We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe".

Damon and Isabella both notice the corpse of a boy about Bonnie's age "You know, we could just get another match and cremate him". The brunette nudges him for being insensitive.

"Don't be disrespectful. Not to him".

"Fine. We'll bury him".

"Ah ah, you will bury him" Isabella says, scanning the room.

"What exactly are we looking for?"

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently".

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close".

Dust comes off some book and grimoires as they all inspect and check the pages. Bella flips through the book, sighing once she reaches the end, not finding what they need.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message. If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it".

"Great. We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead witch power".

"You know where the witches were burned?".