Chapter Five | Tombs & Discussions

Help - Elena

The vampire huffs in annoyance before vamp speeding to the Gilbert residence to save the doppelgänger in distress.

"Elena?" She climbs up a tree near Elena's bedroom before sliding in through the window to see Elijah and Elena staring at her.

"What?" Isabella looks at two with a smirk.

Elijah rolls his eyes, returning to the doppelgänger and Elena moves closer to Isabella for protection.

"Forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm".

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?".

"Because I didn't want you to be taken and to be fair, Isabella killed one of them. Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelgänger exists, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you to him and I can't have that".

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?"."Let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse".

"So, what is your goal?" Elena asks, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Klaus's obsession has made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle".

"Sounds like Klaus" Isabella mutters while flopping down on Elena's bed. "Like you?" Both of them ignore the brunette.

"Not anymore".

"You don't know where he is, do you?" Isabella taunts.

"So you're trying to use me to draw him out" Elena says in realisation with her eyes widened.

"Well, to do that I need you to stay put and stop trying to get yourself killed".

"How do I know you're telling the truth?".

"If I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and I'd be taking you to Klaus right now. Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal"."What kind of a deal?"

"Do nothing, live your life, stop fighting and then, when the time is right, you and I shall draw out Klaus together and I shall make sure your friends remain unharmed".

Elijah glances sideways at the brunette laying on the bed, not mentioning anything about her or Klaus wanting to find her although she knows.

"And then what?".

"Then I kill him".

"Just like that?".

"Just like that. I'm a man of my word, Elena. I make a deal, I keep a deal".

"How are you gonna be able to keep everybody safe?".

"I notice you have a friend - Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts".

"You know witches".

"Together, we can protect everybody that matters to you. So, do we have a deal?".

"I need you to do one more thing for me".

"We're negotiating now?" Elijah questions with a smirk and a quirked eyebrow looking at Elena.

Once discussions and negotiations are over, Elena walks down the stairs to check on Jeremy and Jenna leaving the other two upstairs.

"You have a way with words,  you always have" Isabella smirks.