Chapter Sixteen | Vampire Negotiations

After the sacrifice, Klaus had gone with Elijah but they quickly collect Isabella and Elijah sped her to the apartment before rejoining Niklaus. The spent the next couple of days in the wood, Elijah waiting for his brother to turn back into himself rather than his werewolf form.

"So here we are" Katherine says with a sigh, flopping down onto the couch next to the other vampire. "We both ran away from Klaus Mikaelson and ended up here, because of him".

"Funny how things happen" Isabella says, glaring at Katherine

"Don't be a grouch".

"I'm not, I just don't like you".

"Fine".

"Why are you even in Mystic Falls?".

"The Salvatore's duh".

"Still manipulating, I see".

"What about you? Why is Isabella Willoughby in Mystic Falls".

"Well, it was a while ago but I was wondering around, draining people of blood...a lot of people and Klaus decided that I needed to be buried"

"Harsh" Katherine remarks, raising her eyebrows.

"And then Rose and Trevor, who you manipulated back in 1492, they dug me up and we're going to offer me to Elijah for their freedom because they had to run away as well".

"Ah, so then why did you stick around?"

"Elijah and I are on good terms so when he, an original who could kill me at anytime or could have made Klaus know my location, I accepted his offer of protecting the human doppelgänger which I seem to have failed at". Isabella looks down, feeling slightly guilty and sad but she pushes it away.

-

Stefan opens the door, walking into the apartment where he sees Katherine and Isabella both looking bored. Isabella is laying on the floor, eyes closed but not asleep whilst Katherine is sitting in the bed, staring around the room until she notices him.

"Hello Katherine, Isabella". The vampire doppelgänger stands up, walking to him.

"Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!".

"Oops, did I forget to tell you" The voice comes from the smirking woman on the floor.

"We ran into complications"

"Complications?".

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?". He is then pushed against the wall by Katherine, who tells him to be quiet.

A sigh comes from Isabella as she realises Klaus and Elijah are back, coming into the apartment.

"Klaus you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit" Klaus notices the younger Salvatore brother "You just keep popping up don't you?".

"I need your help...For my brother".

"Well whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention". Isabella opens her eyes, looking at all of them.