Chapter Twenty Six | Bourbon & Bewilderment

Her eyes flutter open, looking at the room around her as she wakes. A small piece of paper catches her attention. It is a note, written with neat handwriting.

Bella

I heard what you whispered last night after Mikael said that no one cared. I hope you slept well, see you soon.

Klaus

Isabella sighs at the thought of Klaus hearing what she said but brushes it off, getting out of bed and heading to her wardrobe to get changed. Once she does, Isabella walks out of her room, going over to Damon's drink stash when the man walks out, grabbing some for himself. The Salvatore pours himself some bourbon and then for Isabella, handing her a glass.

"Better watch out for Klaus because of what happened at Homecoming".

"I know" He takes a sip of his drink "Sorry you got hurt, it wasn't part of the plan".

"Ugh it's fine, thanks for the apology though".

"I think it's about time we had a drink don't you?". Klaus says, alerting the two of his presence at the doorway.

"I'd say we're overdue" Damon replies.

"Well, you've been so busy with all your plotting and scheming".

"You know me. Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure". Isabella lets out a chuckle.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?".

"Well I did have a front row seat when your sister lied to you".

"Yeah well she's fickle that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?".

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just never know what they're gonna do".

Damon motions to the bourbon container "Drink?". The hybrid nods while Damon pours some into a glass, handing him the drink.

"Cheers mate!".

"Down the hatch".

Isabella watches as they both take a drink but she decides not to join in.

"You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I" Klaus states, looking at the eldest Salvatore.

"Really? Well, yeah. Maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?".

"My family, the Originals. I had them daggered, boxed up awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot".

"Of course he did. Such a buzzkill, my baby bro. Well I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is, I sure as hell don't work for you".

"You know, your drink stinks of vervain so I can't compel you. There be no point in killing you because your actually the one with the most help of getting me what I need. And yet it would seem a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Well, it seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach".