Chapter Thirty One | Moment of Truth

Isabella sits on the couch in the Mansion watching Klaus sketch, his eyes are focused and his hands expertly sketch along the page. Rebekah walks into the room.

"Well well well, there's our girl!" Kol exclaims, a smirk on his lips when he stands up to block her way.

"Get out of my way Kol".

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt was it?"

"Don't be mean to Matt, he's lovely" Isabella says. Klaus smiles at her, surprised that she was defending the blonde human.

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah looks to her other brother who is grinning "Don't start Nik!".

"I didn't say anything".

"I see that Isabella stayed over" The blonde Original says, raising her eyebrows.

"Nothing happened" The brunette states simply. It was true, she had gone to sleep in the guest bedroom.

"I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment".

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it.".

"It's not fun to go alone. Join me Isabella?, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart".

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date".

"Again, enough with the Matt hate" The brunette says, standing up with Klaus to go somewhere else.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in".

"Just like you Bekah" Kol says with a chuckle and Rebekah throws a shoe at him.

"Kol, you are still so mischievous" Isabella says, smiling at his antics. Klaus walks next to her as they make their way to find some fun.

First, Kol speeds to a woman who is texting on her phone, sitting down next to her at a bench before compelling her to come with him, and then drinking from her. Klaus and Isabella spot a couple, both smirking at each other so they walk over, pretending to be a couple.

The brunette 'accidentally' bumps into the woman "Oh my god, I'm sorry".

"It's fine".

"No, really I was distracted and wasn't looking".

The couple looks at them weirdly "Uh okay, we have to go". Klaus sighs, grabbing the man by the neck "No you don't". Both of the people are compelled and then taken over behind the Grill where Kol already has another person.

Isabella takes the woman, smirking before vamping out and biting into the strangers neck, letting the blood satisfy her hunger while Klaus does the same with his. Kol claps, letting his person fall to the floor. "What shall we do now?".

-

Kol hands them both, some shots which the two both down, another is handed to them but the brunette shakes her head, spotting Alaric and Meredith.

"I have to say a quick hello".

Isabella puts on a smile, making her way over where Ric is on the phone and Meredith is playing pool.

"Yeah no, they're still here. Yeah, they've drank their way through half the Grill's liquor supply..." Ric trails off, seeing the vampire "Give me a second, I'll call you back".The doctor playing pool sends a glare towards the brunette vampire.

"What do you want".

"I just wanted to say a friendly and innocent hello".

"While enjoying drinks with Klaus and his brother? I don't think so".

"Ric, just because I seem close to them, doesn't mean that I'm actually on their side so don't be rude".

Alaric lets out a sigh, nodding to the Originals "How can you be nice to him when you apparently ran away and then he buried you". Isabella is quiet for a moment, glancing back "Because...you know what, none of your business" She snaps, storming away and out of the Grill. Her heels click against the ground as she makes it to a bench across from the Grill.

"Love?" Klaus's voice calls out from the other side of the road.

"Klaus, I don't need your witty comments or your smirk right now". The hybrid frowns, walking across the road and over to her, sitting next to her.

"What happened?". Isabella looks at him before back to the ground, unsure of what to say.

"Nothing".

"Isabella Willoughby, you can't storm out of the Mystic Grill, a frown upon your face and sit alone on a bench, looking sad when nothing is wrong".

"Fine! Okay! I have no idea what I am doing anymore" She turns towards him "With you, with this town...".

"You are being you".

"I feel..." Bella starts, before biting her lip "Screw it. Klaus, I still love you" Klaus looks taken aback by her bluntness but then he stands up, putting his hand on his chest, frowning.

"What's the matter?" Isabella asks, watching him.

"Somethings wrong. Kol" Klaus speeds off to somewhere, leaving her alone. She lets out a breath, speeding off herself but back to the Salvatore house and goes straight to the drinks table. Her hand reaches for the bourbon, pouring it into a glass and holding it up to her lips, downing the liquid before pouring another but sets it down, not drinking a drop.

Isabella shakes her head, walking to her room and flops down on her head, letting out a annoyed groan. Her eyes close, making her fall into a deep sleep.