Chapter Thirteen | Tension & Treats

"No, you need to back off". Isabella walks into the room. feeling the Salvatore tension.

"What?!".

"Look I don't like this any more than you do. But we need to trust her. We gotta just let her do her thing".

"That might be your plan. Mine's better".

Damon goes to leave but is stopped by his brother grabbing his arm "I said back off".

"The lovely Salvatore's" Isabella greets, gaining their attention. "Good morning Isabella" Stefan says but Damon just sighs, walking out.

"Brotherly love hey?".

"He wants to go against me and try his own way to save Elena but I want to respect Elena and her decisions".

"Mm. Wait where is Elena?".

"She undaggered Elijah, went somewhere to talk and negotiate".

"Oh fantastic" She mumbles sarcastically.

After a while Damon walks back in, offering the brunette a bourbon but she declines. Instead he makes one for himself, raising his eyebrows when Stefan's phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Stefan. It's Jenna".

"Jenna, hey".

"Where's Elena? And Jeremy? No one's answering their phones".

"Ah, Elena's not here at the moment. Is uh, is everything okay?".

"She left me all these weird messages telling me to stay away from Ric. What's going on?".

"It's really hard to explain over the phone, but, um, she was hoping that you could stay on campus for a little while longer".

"Oh, that's kinda hard to do from my kitchen".

"Wait, you're home?".

"Yeah. What's going on? Where's Elena? I'm supposed to meet Ric at the Grill for lunch, to talk".

"Jenna, listen to me carefully. Whatever you do, do not meet Alaric at the Grill. I'm going to come over right now and I'll explain everything".

Stefan hangs up, looking determined while Damon just smirks "Wow, I'd love to lend you a hand, but you wouldn't want me doing anything stupid".

"It's seriously going to be like this?".

"You and your girlfriend are calling the shots. I'm just backing off, Stefan".

Isabella walks off with Stefan but not before stopping in front of Damon "Be careful what to do Damon".

-

"Hey, Jenna. Thank you so much for not going to the Grill". Jenna invites the two in to the house.

"Um"

"No, listen. I can explain".

Jenna leads them to the kitchen where Alaric/Klaus is "Hi Bella, Stefan. How's it going?".