Chapter Twenty Three | Ghost Town

At the Salvatore boarding house, a ghost Mason Lockwood had tied Damon to a chair, stuck a fireplace stoker into his chest and taken his daylight ring. Isabella walks out to see Damon, by himself in this situation but no Mason.

"Whoa, kinky Damon" The brunette vampire raises her eyebrows before chuckling. The other Salvatore walks out, looking at his brother with a frown. "What the hell happened to you?".

"Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it".

"I didn't do this".

"Quit screwing around!".

"I didn't" Stefan looks over the chains that hold his brother to the chair "It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?".

"Yep"

Stefan takes the iron stick out, making his brother scream in pain and then he starts to remove the chains but he stops, walking away. "Yeah, not to worry. I'll just untangle myself".

"Yeah, I have to meet Caroline and Bonnie at the town square" The brunette smiles before vamp speeding away. The two girls look thankful, once she arrives, that they have help to place lanterns among the trees.

"Hello, my favourite Mystic Falls people" Isabella greets, helping them as they continue to discuss after saying hello.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?".

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here".

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that".

"There. You commented".

"Bonnie...".

"What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences".

"Aw Bon Bon" The brunette vampire says softly, patting her on the shoulder.

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it".

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it".

A car drives up beside them, a 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible which belongs to the eldest Salvatore.

"Ah, so you got out of the chains?" Bella smirks, earning weird looks from the others girls.

"Yes I did anyway. Greetings blondie, witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan".

"What do you mean why?".

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost".

"What?".

"And why would you think that?".

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu".

Caroline frowns, looking at her best friend "I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people".

"They can't".