Chapter Seventeen | Wolfsbane Darts

In Tennessee, a woman walks out of her house, calling for her dog "Rudy! Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you". She leans down, picking up a toy and turns around, Klaus and Bella appearing. "I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to scare you".

"Can I help you?".

"Yeah, our car, it ran out of gas a couple of miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" Klaus says, using a southern accent which Bella rolls her eyes at.

"Don't you guys have a cell phone?".

"Uh yeah.Battery died, she left hers at home. Look, I promise we're not a serial killers, I just wanna use your phone".

"Sure".

"So we can come in?".

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you".

Isabella folds her arms as the Original next to her Starts to get annoyed "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting".

"I'm from Florida".

"Well, that explains it" He grabs her, looking her in the eyes, compelling "Now show me and my sweetheart, a little southern hospitality".

"Don't call me sweetheart" Isabella says, glaring at him as they walk into the house.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning" Another woman says, turning around, her eyes widening at the sight of Klaus and Bella holding her friend who is now sobbing. "What's going on?".

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here".

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly".

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month" The lady nods, looking at her friend in fear "That's what I thought. Where is he now?". She stays quiet, annoying him "If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you".

The woman runs out of the room, opening the front door where Stefan now stands. Bella walks out, smirking at Stefan with Klaus following with the he first woman.

"I love it when they run!" The brunette quirks an eyebrows at the vampire.

"He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on Highway 41".

"Thank you my love. Now, may my friend come in?".

"Yes" The woman says in between tears

"Kill this one quickly. And make that one suffer. We'll be in the car".

Niklaus walks out with a smile, make sure that Isabella is alongside him, only with a scowl.

"Why so grumpy, love?". He earns another glare, making him chuckle.

-

Stefan, Isabella and Klaus walk into a bar, looking for Ray. Isabella eyes the man, sending a wink which he smirks at before locking eyes with the blonde man next to her who walks over.

"Ray? Ray Sutton?".

"Who wants to know?".

"I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here to you".