Chapter Twenty One | Night Of Lies & Danger

Klaus brings Elena into the Mystic Falls High School gym where students are enjoying prank night. Isabella is once again dead by her neck being snapped by the hybrid, who has her over his shoulder.

"What did you do to her?" Elena says, looking at the brunette vampire.

"Oh don't worry love, she will be awake soon".

He pulls Elena closer as he opens the door and puts on an American accent for his next words "Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home".

The students let out a sigh, leaving their prank work to go home but two of them, Klaus recognises as Dana and Chad "You two. I remember you".

"I'm sorry. Who are you?".

"Oh don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met" His eyes connect with hers, compelling "Lift your foot up please, Dana" The girl nods, lifting her foot and Klaus turns to the boy. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?".

"Don't Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody".

"Oh come on love. Of course I do".

A gasp echoes around the room when Bella wakes up, her eyes filled with anger "Klaus! Stop snapping my neck". Elena offers a small smile to the vampire before heading over to Dana.

"Where's Stefan? What did you do to him?".

"Stefan's on a time out".

"Funny name for having your neck snapped" Bella mumbles, earning a smirk from Nik but their attention is drawn toward the door where Bonnie and Matt enter.

"Bonnie, get out of here!".

"Ah I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started" Klaus motions to the compelled students "Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight". They both nod "I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?".

"That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me";

"Oh there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix".

"Get off of me!" Tyler shouts as Rebekah drags him into the gym.

"Hush now".

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning. She can be quite mean".

"Don't be an ass".

Niklaus turns to Elena "I'm  going to make this very simple. Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually". He bites into his wrist, feeding his blood to the wolf "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake...You better hurry".

"He killed him" Matt whispers, his eyes filling with sadness.

"He's not dead. Klaus's blood will turn him into a vampire".

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what not. I'll hold on to Elena for safe-keeping".