Chapter Twenty | Sensing Things

"There has to be more to this dress" Rebekah says from in the fitting room where the other three are waiting in the clothing store.

"There's not".

The blonde Original sighs before walking out, showing off her outfit which is a short black dress "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers".

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing".

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident"

"It's dance music".

"People dance to this?".

"Yep" Isabella answer from her chair as she lays her head back.

"Are we done?".

"And why are you so grumpy?".

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it".

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years".

"Is that what Klaus said after 90 years of me being underground?" The brunette says, her eyes closed as she tries to relax. She feels a hand on her hers and opens her eyes to meet the blue one of Klaus's.

"I never wanted you to be buried but you had your emotions off, draining nearly half a town of people".

"I was hungry" Bella says with a shrug.

Klaus turns back around, turning his attention to the others as well as pouring himself and the brunette vampire some champagne into glasses.

"What? I said I like it".

"I can always tell when you're lying Stefan". Rebekah returns to the fitting room.

"Nice one. Good work".

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her".

"I heard that".

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air. Isabella want to join?".

"No I'm good, have fun with your fresh air".

-

"You left us"

Isabella pours herself a drink before sitting on the bar stool next to Klaus. Stefan just walked into the bar and is looking around suspiciously.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode".

"Tell me about it".

"What's she doing?".

"She's failing".

"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on".

"So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years".

"See? Now this one offers a solution". Rebekah smiles, strutting over to the woman.

"All right, give me your hand, sweetheart" The Original does as she is asked.

"She's uh, she's looking for the necklace, huh?". Isabella nods, noticing Stefan looks suspicious and on edge.