Chapter Eight | Lies

Her laughter fills the room as Niklaus tickles her. "Klaus!...Stop...I beg...of you" She manages to say in between giggles. He stops, placing a kiss on her forehead. "I could listen to that laugh for a thousand years".

"And I could stare at your face for a million years" She replies. Klaus looks at her, staring into her beautiful hazel eyes and she into his blue eyes.

"Elijah said he would accompany you today whilst I have business to attend to". Bella nods with a smile "I would rather your company".

Isabella says her goodbye to Klaus before walking to Elijah's room. The door is slightly ajar which causes curiously to rise in her.

She pushes the door to see Elijah just staring out the window "Elijah?". He turns, coming out of his thoughts "Hello Isabella".

"Elijah, what shall we do today?".

"Katerina asked to walk in the gardens apparently wanting to play a game of...chase? I think she said?".

"Yes, she seems quite fond of that game".

-

Isabella heels click as she walks up the stairs. "Damon, hurry up". The eldest Salvatore glares as he makes his way up the stairs "Are you that eager to see Elijah?".

"Nope! Only eager to annoy him". He smirks, linking his arm with mine, walking in with confidence.

Jenna spots us "Damon, Isabella what are you doing here?". A woman with a notepad in her hand, known as Andie joins them. Damon pecks the woman on the lips causing Jenna to raise her eyebrows but Isabella rolls her eyes before scanning the room.

"Thanks for introducing us, Jenna".

"Let's continue" The Salvatore says which earns a sigh of relief from the girl who has had enough of normal human stuff.

Her eyes find the Carol Lockwood and Elijah. Damon leads her over to them.

"Damon, Isabella". "Carol".

"Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' founding families.".

"Such a pleasure to meet you".

"No. Pleasure's mine". The original turns to Isabella, smirking "Nice to meet you" He says, so Carol doesn't suspect anything. "Mmhm" She hums in response. Damon smiles innocently at Elijah before pulling him and I into another room away from Carol who already is talking to some other people.

"What can I do for you, Damon?".

"I was hoping we could have a word".

"Where's Elena?". Enough about the doppelgänger she thought with a roll of her eyes once again. "Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, bit of a werewolf problem".

Her mind drifts off to another time

Elijah, Katerina and Isabella walk along the cobblestone path which leads to the gardens. "Shall we play chase" Katerina asks.

Elijah agrees to a game of chase but Isabella says that she is too tired to run around but she will watch from the edge of the castle. She walks up the path a little, finding a small bench to sit on.

After of while of watching Elijah and Katherine run around, mostly Katerina running and Elijah pretending to chase her. "You have to chase me!" Is all she hears once they stop running.