Chapter Eighteen | Hybrid Troubles

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Nik teases Stefan as he carries the werewolf up the mountain.

"I'm fine".

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down"

"You know, I get that we're uh, we're stuck together but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great".

"I second that" The brunette vampire mumbles.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you my friend. As for you, you know you love my company or used to". He winks at her.

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer"

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There" The three walk into the camp, all of the pack staring at them. The Salvatore vampire places Ray on the ground, making a woman run over to him "Ray! Oh my God. What's going on? Who are you?".

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus".

"You're the hybrid".

"You've heard of me. Fantastic. It's fascinating actually, A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid".

"Ugh" Isabella groans at him, earning a smirk before his attention is drawn to the waking werewolf "Excellent timing Ray. Very dramatic".

"What's happening to me?".

"Stefan?"

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die".

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?".

"Her" Bella says, pointing to a woman as she finds the human.

"You!"

In a whoosh, the woman's arm is bitten and he is thrown in front of Ray. She struggles against Isabella who is holding her there

"If you don't drink it, Stefan will and he will drain every ounce of blood, no stopping" The female vampire says.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die".

"I'd rather die than be a vampire"

"Wrong choice".

The hybrid makes the woman feed her blood to Ray, who gives in "She'll thank me for that later" He snaps her neck.

"Okay who's next?" Yellow eyes and fangs appear on Klaus's face, scaring the werewolves around as they look at him.

-

"There. Good as new. Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up" The Original hybrid says after feeding his blood to one of the humans.

Bella and Stefan are looking at the shaking werewolf guy "They're dead. They're all dead".

"Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon".