Chapter Fifteen | Spells & Sacrifices

A gasp interrupts Jenna and Elena's conversation, both watching the vampire as she wakes. Her hands go to her neck which aches. Elena had gone with Klaus to the sacrifice, discovering that he had chosen Jenna for the vampire but he had also had Isabella with him, holding her close to him.

"Where are we?" The brunette vampire says, annoyed.

"We're at the quarry, Klaus brought you with him when he was collecting me and placed you there before leaving to go somewhere which is when I discovered that he needed a vampire and he decided on using my Aunt" Elena explains, a frown on her face, turning back to her Aunt.

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me, everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here"

"I'm a vampire?"

Isabella turns, hearing someone stepping on to the clearing "And I bet you're hungry".

"One of Klaus's witches, I presume?" Isabella remarks, earning a nod in reply as the witch walks closer to Jenna and Elena, the doppelgänger spots a rock and runs to go collect it but she is sent backwards, landing in the dirt. With a wave of her hand, Greta creates a circle of fire around the girl.

Jenna watches with fear in her eyes as her niece rushes towards the flames but is stopped, unable to escape. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do"

"Greta please, just- just let her go".

The witch sighs before cutting her hand, making blood flow from the wound, tempting Jenna. "Klaus chose her".

"No".

Isabella looks up, her veins appearing and her thirst rising for the blood, she goes to whoosh to Greta but is thrown back against the ground, another ring of fire to keep her from stopping the sacrifice. Her plan was to one, drink the witches blood for her hunger and delight and two, maybe accidentally drain the witch so Jenna wouldn't have to become a vampire which she never wanted.

"Drink it".

"Jenna, don't!".

"I can't".

"Let her go. Hey!".

Jenna stares at the bloody wrist, struggling against the urge to drink but it all becomes too much so she grabs for the wrist, loving the taste of the blood.

"No! No" Elena shouts, tears filling her eyes as she watchers her aunt closing her eyes at the taste of the blood, stopped after a couple of seconds by Greta pulling her wrist away. Another circle of fire is put around Jenna, who backs away from the fire barrier.

-

Jenna and Elena continue to talk, the doppelgänger reassuring her aunt that everything is going to be okay until there is a snap of twigs that catch their attention.

"Who's that?".

"That must be the werewolf".

The werewolf is pushed to the ground, clutching at her stomach. "What's happening to me?".

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free". Isabella eyes the wolf, feeling sorry for the woman who seems to be groaning in pain but her attention turns back to Greta once a ring a fire is created around the werewolf. "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed" Elena says.