Chapter Nineteen | Windy City

"Welcome back to Chicago Stefan".

"Why are we in Chicago?" Isabella groans, looking around her at the place while Stefan asks basically the same question.

"What are we doing here?".

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?". Bella looks at the two, wondering what happened in Chicago that has Klaus so interest and happy to be here.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur".

"Well that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun".

"Wish I had been there but I was stuck in a coffin" Bella says, glaring at Klaus who just smirks as he continues.

"Chicago was magical".

"Yeah"well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it".

"Going to get down to business, then?".

"Why am I still with you? I know you have Isabella with you because you are obsessed with her but we had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean don't you want to move on?".

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her".

-

Niklaus leads the way into a bar that is quiet and empty. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?
Stefan: I can't believe this place is still here".

"You got to be kidding me" A woman walks over, shaking her head when she sees us.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

"Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny".

"I remember you".

Klaus leans closer to Isabella "Having fun, Sweetheart?".

"Oh yeah, having so much fun" She says sarcastically as she glares before her eyes scan the room. "Oh look there's the bar". Her heels click on the floor as she walks her way over, grabbing a bottle of bottle which she pours some into a glass. Her ears pick up on the conversation happening across the room.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be...".

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place huh?".

"Gloria's a very powerful witch".

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day".

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?".

"Yeah sure thing" Stefan walks away, heading to the bar where Bella sits, drinking her glass of bourbon,

"Hey" He says, slipping onto the seat beside her while grabbing his own glass. They no pretend not to listen in when they really are.

"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it".