Chapter Thirty Two | Beautiful & Troubled

Isabella watches the people working at the Wickery Bridge restoration fundraiser. Rebekah is there, looking over the crowd while chatting to some townspeople before spotting the brunette.

"Ah, it's you" The blonde mutters with an unimpressed face.

"Don't sound too excited, Beks".

"Since you seem to be close to my brother and he is fond of you, I will try to get along with you but don't think that I won't do something if you betray me or my family".

Isabella nods, looking over Rebekah's shoulder "Who is that?".

The blonde Original turns around, placing her hands on her hips with a sigh "An old friend of Finns". They both walk over to the woman who is talking with Damon.  "Look what the cat dragged in".

"Easy there, Rebekah. You know she use to beat men for sport".

"She always was quite common".

"Rebekah. What a happy surprise" The red haired woman glances at Isabella, nodding slightly "I'm Sage".

"Isabella".

"What are you doing here Sage?" Rebekah asks.

"Well I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in".

"Mm Finn, you just missed him. He left town and didn't tell a soul where he was going".

"He probably went looking for me".

"Or quite possibly he forgot all about you".

"I doubt that".

"No? Cause he didn't seem to mention you. Sorry you came all this way for nothing. Have a nice life". Rebekah smirks before walking away, pulling the brunette along with her.

A little while later, both vampires are walking past a table, when Damon comes up behind the blonde Original. "Did I ever tell you you're sexy when you're bitchy?".

"We're talking now are we? Cause you were quite rude the other day, using me to help you with Stefan and then shooing me away like a stray dog".

"Oh but that was brother business, you can't hold that against me. Besides I really did appreciate your help even if I don't show it".

"You were mean".

"You like mean". Isabella groans at Damon flirting.

"No I don't".

"No? You didn't get a thrill back there pushing Sage down, crushing her dreams of true love?".

"Maybe a little".

"See? Mean. Can Sage and I interest you in a drink back at the house?" Damon glances at the brunette "Sorry Bells, you aren't invited even if you do live there".

"Rude. But I would rather do other things".

"Not a chance in hell" Rebekah replies to the Salvatore.

"Well you know what they say, two's company, three's a party".

"Fine.". Damon brushes his hand against Rebekah's hip "Enjoy the rest of your day".

Once he leaves, Isabella raises her eyebrows, turning to the blonde "Just ignore him".

-

The last body body that Isabella has drained of blood hit the floor with a thud. She looks down the street, seeing the mess she created and shrugs her shoulders. Her emotions were off so this feels like no big deal when it is.

She wipes away the last remaining bits of blood around her mouth before going on her way to do other things. A noise is heard from the end of the street, making her looks over with raised eyebrows. With a whoosh, Isabella vamp speeds to the end, looking around for someone or something.

"Who goes there?".

Klaus steps out, letting her see him for the first time in a long time. "Hello, love"

The brunettes eyes widen but then she glares at him. "What do you want".

"To see you" Niklaus answers, glancing at her and then to the street "It appears you were quite hungry".

"Well, nothing that you or your siblings haven't done".

"True but it's you" He steps forward, moving a lock of hair out of her face "Still beautiful but troubled".

"Maybe, I needed a break and to get away from all of the Mikaelson's. How did you find out that I was here?".

"Kol told me that you were last here".

"Great" She mutters sarcastically before moving back from him "Anyway, nice to see you again, kind of, but I have places to be and people to see". Her heels click on the ground, as she walks away.

"I'm sorry, love but I can't let you continue to do this" Klaus says, guilt filling his eyes before speeding to Isabella, snapping her neck. The brunette falls into his arms and he holds her tightly, placing a kiss on her forehead.