Chapter Thirty Four | Twirling in the Twenties

"Uh, Rebekah?" Isabella says, motioning towards the fireplace where Esther is standing.

"Mother" Rebekah vamp speeds over, grabbing her by the throat and holding her against the wall "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now".

"Because I'm dying".

"How are you dying? I thought Ayana preserved your body with a spell".

"She did. I'm drawing my power from the Bennett witch line. When Abby died the connection was severed. So my body has weakened".

"Well if you've come to spend your last moments with your loving daughter, prepare to be disappointed. You should have spent less time plotting my death".

"Is that what you think I've been doing on the other side? I've been looking over you for a thousand years. Of joy and heartbreak. Your fights with Klaus, the nights you cried yourself to sleep calling out my name. Not a day has gone by that I wasn't right there with you".

"And yet you still tried to kill me".The brunette watches this mother daughter conversation.

"Because it shouldn't have been a thousand years, Rebekah. No one should live that long".

"But I haven't lived at all".

Esther: I'm sorry, Rebekah. I'm so, so sorry" Esther's hands find her daughters, she starts to shake and then the Original witch falls to the ground earning a gasp from both women.

"What's going on?" Klaus asks as he walks in.

"She's dead".

-

A day later, they are at the mansion, Klaus painting while Isabella watches from the couch and Rebekah enters.

"What took you so long?".

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer".

"That's it?".

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?".

Klaus sets the brush down, taking the stakes and throwing it into the fireplace where the flames burn the wood. "Well that's that then".

"Pack your bags, we're leaving".

"Today?".

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset".

"But tonight is the decade dance".

"Oh yeah, I already had my dress picked out" The brunette says, thinking about the dress.

"So?".

"So I'm head of the committee, we have to go".

"I'm not going to any dance".

"Come on, you can flirt and dance with Isabella while you are there" Isabella rolls her eyes at what Rebekah said "Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me".

"Okay fine. One last hoorah".

"One last hoorah, Nik".

-