Chapter Twenty Four | Stories & Sorrow

"So the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?".

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light".

"Wait what?".

"Elena!" Damon whispers before jumping out, scaring her "Boo!".

"Ah! God, Damon!".

"Scaredy cat!".

"Just ignore him. That's what I do".

"That's what we all do" Isabella says, letting out a sigh when Damon and her have too stop at the barrier whereas Alaric and Elena can walk right in.

"So you really can't get in?".

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire".

"What do you mean, ancient?".

"See for yourself".

Elena's eyes light up with curiosity as she turns, shining the torch in the cave walls which show ancient stories and characters. "What is all this?".

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story. That right there, is the moon cycle. A man, a wolf".

"A werewolf. I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s".

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that".

"How long?".

"Long. It gets better. Show her, Ric"

"Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script". Alaric points to a name which Isabella can see from where she was

"This name here, I translated it and it reads".

"Niklaus, it means Niklaus" Bella says, a small smile on her face which fades.

"Klaus".

"And Elijah, and Rebekah".

The brunette vampire raises her eyebrows at the fact that they is no mention of Finn or Kol.

"These are the names of the Original Family?".

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter".

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes".

"That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise".

"What's the name?".

"Mikael".

,Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?".

"Yep. I now like to call him, Papa Original". Isabella rolls her eyes at the Raven haired man next to him and walks back up the tunnels, to go somewhere else with people she can actually stand.

-

Her heels click on the basement stairs as she goes to get some blood bags, she was in her room when her thirst for blood rose so she decided to come down here and fulfil her hunger. A sigh fills the room after a sip for the red liquid, going down her throat, making her feel amazing. She greedy drinks two before stopping and heading back up where the blonde Original is standing with the doppelgänger.

"What's going on here?".

"Just a little runway show to pick the perfect dress, any you like?".

"The third one with the stripes" The brunette replies. "Anyway I'm going to leave so-".