Chapter Twenty Five | Homecoming Havoc

"Let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait" Stefan says, explaining the plan.

"And you what? Vervained him?".

"Yeah, that's believable" Isabella comments sarcastically.

"No we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic".

"Okay fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger".

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah but instead..."

"We drove it through his heart".

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?".

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him. Last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied".

"What about Isabella?" Elena looks at the other brunette.

"What about me?".

"You and him are close".

"Not anymore".

"Okay. Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof".

"Then I shall be dead" Mikael states, walking into the room making everyone a little on edge.

"What if he wants to see you in person?".

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here and I will kill him".

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him".

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned".

"Where is it?". Mikael shakes his head whilst dipping a dagger into the ashes. "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy".

"Against what?".

"You leaving this in my heart. You see a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So it falls to you". Elena stands there, looking nervous as he hands the dagger to "Y-You want me to actually dagger you?".

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance, especially when it comes to trust"

-

Isabella walks back into her room, going straight to her closet to search for an outfit to wear to this Homecoming dance. Usually she wouldn't go to these types of things but Caroline has convinced her.

Her bed piles high with options of clothes that she has said no to and then a maybe list was started on the floor until she finds a dress at the back of her closet that is the perfect dress.