Ghost? Pt. 2

Ross POV

I sat on top of the tree, waiting for Max. He should've been here already. Shit, he might've gotten hurt. I start to get up when I see him at the edge if the clearing. "Maxy!" I called out. He continued walking, not able to hear my words. He made it to the top of the hill and sat down in the snow. He set up the Ouija Board and lit the candle by it. I sat down across from him by the board.

He began his little intro, telling us, the dead, of his means. Then it switched focus. He closed his eyes. "Hey baby, it's me, Maxy. Are you here?" I love it when he calls me baby. I place my hands over his and push the planchette to 'yes'. He smiled to himself. "I miss you." He said to me. Tears brimmed my eyes as I moved the piece again. 'I miss you too.' I spelled out. His hands pulled away from me, making the small presence of him gone.

He pulled back and began crying, speaking quietly to himself. "....but hanging himself." He mumbled. I pushed away from the board and hugged him. I used all my strength, but it was no use. I can't comfort him like I used to. I regret it all. Cutting, starving, especially the hanging. I need him, and he needs me. "I'm sorry Maxy." I whispered, but he can't hear me anyway.

He placed his fingers back on the planchette as I returned in front of him. I quickly spelled, 'I love you Maxy.' He smiled slightly through the tears. "I love you too Ross."

He realized he had to leave. This always happens. He stays up all night to be with me and then goes home with no sleep. I just wish I could always be with him. I wish I realized the cost of my suicide. I wish I could go back and change everything. I wish we could've grown old together and gotten married and had kids. Now, that will never happen.

"I love you Ross." He said. 'I love you more.' I spelled. He smiled. "I love you most." I let go of the piece and hugged him tightly. I let go as he moved the piece over to the 'G' and then swiped it over 'Goodbye'. I miss him.