I'm Proud of You

I walked out of the locker room and back into Coach Lee's office.
"My sister is a super star!" Jay exclaimed as his eyes landed on me.
It felt really weird to hear Jay call me that. I knew I was a superstar but I always felt like Jay thought he was better than me to a certain degree.
My eyes softened at Jay a little.
"Heeji, give me a confident pose. Wait till Mom and Dad see you in your uniform. They're gonna be so proud." Jay doted over me, snapping my picture. "But they've never been proud of me..." I mumbled, hanging my head slightly.
Jay stopped snapping pictures of me and his proud, joyous expression softened.
He knew it was true but he clearly never thought anything of it until now.
"Let's head out and get something to eat to celebrate." Jay said tenderly. "Can you invite everyone out with us?" I asked, remembering how much fun I had with Jay's friends this afternoon.
Jay looked shocked then smiled lightly. "Sure thing. Go get changed." Jay said, patting me on the head.

Jay's POV
She wants to have dinner with everyone. She can't stand my friends. What changed?
I thought back on the day while she got dressed.
I feel like I know what it is that changed. I smirked as I texted Seunghwa, feeling Coach Lee's disapproving glare over my shoulder.

Text to Seunghwa
Hey bro, Heeji just found out shes a South Korean representative for a softball team competing in an international tournament.
Bring everyone to that one ramen shop she likes so much. We're gonna celebrate.

You bet
Are you sure bringing everyone is a good idea?

I'm sure. She asked for all of you to come.
Just make sure her and Woodie sit together😉😉

Heeji came back out in her t-shirt and her shorts. "You ready to eat?" I asked her. She nodded. "Thank you for everything Coach Lee. I couldn't have gotten where I am right now without you." Heeji hugged her coach tenderly.
I personally don't see how anybody could like that dragon lady but if she's helping Heeji reach her dreams, she might not be all that bad.

Heeji's POV
I walked back into Coach Lee's office in my comfy clothes and hugged Coach Lee.
"Lets go." Jay smiled at me, playfully tussling my hair like I was a little kid.
We got to the door when Coach Lee called my name. "Heeji... I underatand your circumstances and I just want you to know that if nobody else is, I'm always gonna be proud of what youve acomplished." I took a deep breath and tried not to cry. "Thank you Coach." I said smiling largely and bowing to her.
I had confided in Coach Lee several times since I started softball back in 5th grade about how I felt that my parents didn't care about me and how I thought that they viewed me as a mistake. Coach Lee has always been there to reasure me that one day I'd be so good that they wouldn't have a choice but to be proud of me...as she put it.
I'm thankful to have a mentor as amazing and caring as her. I love her like she's my mom.
There is no doubt that our close relationship led people on my team to believe that she gives me special treatment and takes it easy on me but if that were the case then I wouldn't be #4 in South Korea right now. She pushes me harder than anyone else and honestly if it weren't for her, I would have given up a long time ago.
Jay and I sat in the car with the engine running. Jay was just smiling at me. "Can we go? I'm hungry?" "I really am proud of you Heeji." Jay said with a sincere smile. "Okay and I really am hungry." I snapped at him.
Jay looked offended for a second then smiled at me again.
He pulled out of the parking lot.
"

So...Heeji...why the sudden change of heart?" Jay asked me quite randomly. "Huh?" "You can't stand my friends. Why do you wanna have dinner with them tonight?" "Because I actually had fun in the studio today." "What was so fun about it?" "Probably talking shit about people from otgee schools and you getting mad every time I said a word you didn't know." I laughed lightly. Jay sneered at me the ln squinted a little. "Are you sure it wasn't a specific person that made fhe time in my studio more enjoyable?" He asked quizically. "What are you getting at?" I asked suspiciously. "You wanna bang Woodie don't you?" "What the hell? No!" My face flushed slightly. "Its okay if you do." "I don't!" "But if you did, I'd be okay with that." "I think I'll pass with the smashing of any of your friends, okay?" "Okay. If you change your mind, just let me know." "I'm not gonna tell you when I wanna have sex with one of your friends." "Good. I'm proud of you." Jay smiled. His smile quickly faded. "Wait. Does that mean you want to have sex with one of my friends and you're just not gonna tell me if it happens?" "Haha I'm not gonna tell you when it happens." I took the opportunity to mess with my big brother. "You really arent right for that." "And you really aren't right for wanting to set me up with your friends just so I can get laid on my birthday." "Okay. Okay. Okay. Fair point. I just really don't think it's be fair of me to get laid on your birthday and you not get laid." "How are you so sure that you're gonna get laid on my birthday?" "I am the Park Jaebum. I can get laid whenever the hell I wanna get laid." Jay said confidently, pulling into the parking lot of my favorite ramen shop. "You disgust me." I shook my head at Jay.