interview

We landed and took a couple cars to the hotel to get settled.

Once again I was taken aback by how nice our rooms were. "Penthouse? Really?" "Anything for the best in South Korea I guess." #8 shrugged.

Everyone got settled and we were loaded back up and taken to the field wed be playing at tomorrow.

Our coach was Coach Choi and she passed out sweats with our name and number on them for us to practice in.

We all changed and began going through the motions of a real game, stopping every once in awhile to let someone do their interveiw.

My turn came and I stepped of the pitchers mound and onto the sidelines.

"Heeji, I hear youre a rather special edition to the team." "Well I am the only one who isn't from Daegu and I am the youngest." "But you're top 5 and youre the starting pitcher?" I nodded. "I also heard that you were promoted captain of your original team just yesterday. Can you tell us about that?" "It is a bit of a big deal because I am only a 1st year..." "Wow so you're only 15?" "I actually just turned 16 a few weeks ago...about the same time I became captain." "I heard it was an interesting story." I laughed a little. "You could say that... On my birthday, the girl who was captain before me nearly killed me in the locker room... She chocked me, kneed me in the stomach, threw me on the ground, stomped me out, gave me 2 black eyes, nearly broke my nose and busted my lip. I have no idea what I did to make her so angry but I spent the weekend sulking, thinking my leg was broken and wouldn't be able to compete in this tournament only to find out there was a mix up at the hospital I went to..." "So you were fine?" "Mhm. My face was really sore for a while though But that Monday after the fight, she tried fighting me again, getting herself kicked out of school and ejected from the team and the next day everyone unanimously nominated me as her replacement." "Wow did anybody try stopping her? They must really like you to make you captain." "Every last person on my home team filmed me getting beaten up. They had said they only picked me because it was obvious to them that I cared about the sport." "How long have you been playing?" "Ever since I can remember." I laughed. "I don't really remember what peaked my interest but I've been in love with it ever since I put my hand in a mit." "Your parents must be proud." "I actually haven't heard from my parents in over a month. I didn't even get a happy birthday message from them. I guess theyre having a good time in Milan or wherever they are." I shrugged. "So who's supporting you of your parents aren't?" "My big brother, Jaebum... And all of his friends. Hes pretty popular and so am I so there's definitely no shortage of support." I laughed bashfully. "Well I'm happy to hear that Heeji. I cannot believe what youve been through. You definitely earned your spot. Make your motherland proud. This was Park Heeji, number 4 in South Korea and our countrys starting pitcher"