forget about tomorrow

I was about to text Coach Lee and suggest to her that I commute to Daegu everyone once in awhile to train with everyone else when she sent out a remind.

SOFTBALL REMIND 101
Due to a reacurring issue with discipline, Choi Dasom has been expelled from school and thus kicked off of the team. I request that you all send in your votes for a new captain tonight and I will let all of you know before afternoon practice tomorow.

I stared at my phone screen thinkong about who should be captain.
"Pfft, I'm the only person who even gives a shit about the team." I huffed to myself, typing my own name in all caps as to show my seriousness. I knew I wouldn't get it but the sentiment was there I suppose.

I texted Coach Lee on her personal number about me going to Daegu then went downstairs to talk top Jay a little bit.

I walked into the living room but he wasn't there. I figured he was in his studio so I walked down there quietly.

As I practicallysnuck down there, I heard him singing.
"These August skies, Hot summer nights, With broken hearts, Come brand new light And in the dark
Is where we’ll start."

Holy shit, my brother is talented. Hearing his amazing voice and his beautiful lyrics made me less salty about being compared to him all the time.

"Can I sing like that?" I wondered to myself briefly.

I walked more into his studio and watched him pour his heart into his voice. "Man, who made this beat?" I thought to myself. I stared at my brother, who was unaware of my presence, in awe.

Jay finished recording his song and jumped when he saw me. He walked out of the booth and scolded me.

"What're you doing?" He glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't know you could sing so well." "I'm full of surprises." Jay shrugged. "I really liked that." "Really?" "Really really. What's the name of it?" "Forget about tomorrow." "I like the vibes of the beat."

I praised my brother continuously. I praised him until he was actually tired of me telling him how amazing he was.

He showed me some more of his music and I became even more impressed with how diverse his music was. "Why is everyone else so good too?" I was in total disbelief.

"You know, I heard that when we walk onto the field of every gamr in the tournament we get to have a song playing in the background. How cool would it be to have one of your songs playing?" I gushed over my super talented big brother. "Ah I dunno. I mean...my music represent a whole country?" He was hesitant. "It would be amazing. It could be your big break." "Heeji, this tournament is your big break...not mine." My chest tightened up.

Did Jay recognise the tournament as a way of breaking free from his shadow the way that I did?

"You're right. This tournament is my big break."