Game 3

The stands were packed, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded. We were down by one point and we only needed to get one more runner home to send the game into overtime. And of course I'm at bat.
I looked to the dugout for a signal from Coach Choi. She told me to bunt the ball. I didn't feel like that'd be to smart in such a pressing moment but Canada's pitcher seemed close to her limit along with the rest of her team. I trusted Coach Choi and bunted the ball and ran for 1st base. #8 made it home and we were tied. Then #5 made it home and we were ahead.

Holy shit we won.

Canada's pitcher threw her mit down and kicked sand. Her catcher immediately marched to the mound and started scolding her.
In the midst of our celebration, we all paused to look on, our hearts collectively going out to their pitcher.
Without thinking, I ran over to them with my minimal English. "Natalie right? Good game!" I said to Canada's pitcher, ignoring the catcher. "Not good enough." The catcher said harshly. She said some other stuff but I didn't understand her. Her tone was familiar though. She sounded just like Dasom. The catcher walked off and I told the pitcher she did good one more time, patting her on the back. "Thanks. Say, what's your pitch count?" "Pitch count? I'm 100... 120...125 with this one and 4...40 with this one." I said, holding up my respective hands, not sure how to say left and right in english. "You're English is pretty good." She smiled at me. "Thank you. You're a good pitcher." I reassured her before returning to my team. "You get more and more amazing the longer I'm with you." Umji smiled at me.

The crowd was going wild as we trotted to the locker room.
We all showered and cleaned up. "I say we all go out to eat to celebrate then come back and review the game tape." Umji suggested. We all agreed and began to walk out of the locker room. "Hey Heeji." Coach Choi called for me. "He told me to give you another lily." Coach Choi smiled, handing me another flower. "Hey Heeji. Who's the dark skinned dude with the bouquet?" Umji yelled to me from outside the locker room. "Good game today." Coach Choi let me go.
I walked out, smiling, knowing it was Woojae.
"Congrats on winning." He smiled at me, giving the a whole bouquet of lillies. "Thank you." I hugged him tightly. "Would you care to join us for dinner?" Umji invited Woojae. "I'd love too. Is that alright Heeji?" "Of course." I laughed lightly.
On the way to the restraunt, Jay face timed me.
As soon as I picked up, all I heard was screaming. "WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! THAT'S MY SISTER!!!!!AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! LET'S GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!" "Thank you Jay." I said, turning the volume down on my phone. "God I am so proud of you Heeji. That was amazing." Jay said in a calmer tone. "Thanks Jay. How's studying going?" "I hope my music takes off really soon." He sighed. "I might be getting home kinda late tonight okay?" "Alright stay safe. I love you Heeji." "Love you too Jaebum."
We all ate dinner and afterwards, I told Woojae goodbye. "I was actually hoping to take you home tonight." "I'm gonna be a little late, reviewing tapes and whatnot." I told him. "I don't mind waiting for you." "You sure?" "Positive." Woojae smiled at me. "I'll call you when we're done then." I hugged him goodbye.
Once we got back to the locker room, Umji started teasing me. "So is he your boyfriend or not?" "He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend so no he's not." I said with red cheeks.
We went back to the locker room and discussed everything we needed to do to improve.
Practice and workouts only got more and more intense after every game we played. It was tough but I enjoyed the challenge. The harder I was being pushed meant the more I was improving.
After we finished reviewing our tape from today, Umji pointed out something everyone needed to work on outside of the field. "Heeji, I appreciated you going out and complimenting Canada's pitcher today. That was good sportsmanship and that was being a decent human being. I think most of us could work on being a bit more friendly. I love y'all and get home safe." She said like the strong leader she was.