Truth or Truth

"I just wanted to call and let you know we are all looking forward to welcoming onto our team for this tournament and that we can't wait for our scrimmage match against your team." Umji never said I. It was always we. In this context, I suppose it'd be normal but it was all the dann time...as if her and her teammates were of one mind and body.
Maybe that's why they're so good...because they're close.
My team is close at all and we suck...we're all good individual players but we aren't an amazing team and its ultimately the team that wins, not the best player.
"I'm looking forward to it too Unnie. Thank you for calling. How'd you get my number?" "Your coach gave it to me." "Okay. Well I'm out at dinner with a few friends to celebrate me making it into the tournament. See you soon." I laughed lightly, hanging up on her.
I returned to our private room and sat down next to Woodie.
"Who was that?" Jay asked, sipping on his tea. "My captain for the tournament. She just wanted to let me know they're excited to play in the tournament with me." "That's good. I hope they aren't dicks like the girls you play with at school." Byungyoon said, being the only one who has really noticed how much they don't like me. "How do they treat you?" Woodie asked me. I sighed and hung my head. "I'm a 1st year and the majority of my team is 3rd years. Over the summer, we attended a national training camp where the ranking for this international tournament was established and I out rank all of them...and our coach constantly praises me and not them. They think I'm just some spoiled rich brat who is bribing her way to the top." I said, slurping on my ramen noodles. "That doesn't make much sense for them to think that if youve got the skills to back it up." Woodie said, burrowing his brows. I only nodded. "Just wait Heeji! When you make the #1 team in the world forfeit, their opinions about you will change!"
Minsik cheered confidently. "Haha I'm digging the enthusiasm." I smiled at Minsik.
"Heeji, what do you want for your birthday?" Seunghwa asked me. "I'd like an Astros jersey." "Hmm...I wonder if I can find you one by your birthday..." Seunghwa tapped his chin. "You mean by tomorrow?" I said, low-key astonished that Seunghwa forgit how close my birthday actually was. "I bet I could find one tomorrow morning." Seunghwa nodded to himself.
"Hey Jay. I dare you to drink a spoon full of hot sauce." I said happily. "No. Fuck off." Jay sounded scared. I gave him a questionable face then smirked. "Gee... I didn't know my big brother was such a squid." I said in a teasing tone. "Are they always going at each other like this?" Woodie asked everyone else as I challenged Jay's credibility as someone who isn't a squid.
"Oh hell nah! I ain't no squid!" Jay sounded far beyond triggered. "That was a double negative, implying that you are a squid." I smirked like the condescending asshole I truly was. "Heeji..." Jay clenched his jaw. "I'm gonna get you back for this..." He sounded serious. "Someone get me a spoon." He sighed, hanging his head in defeat. "Allow me." Kiseok smiled happily grabbing the biggest spoon on the table he could find and dumping as much hot sauce into it as possible. "Open wide Park Jaebum." Kiseok said happily, ready to spoon feed Jay.
Jay sneered at his best friend, turned his head away for a second, asked Byungyoon to say a prayer then swallowed the hot sauce like it was cough syrup, quickly and immidiatly followed by something better tasting.
Everyone laughed loudly at Jay as he frantically guzzled a glass of tea.
Jay was breathing heavy after his mouth cooled off and he glared at all of us. "Hyukwoo, if its so funny, why dont you do it?!" Jay griped at a misty eyes Hyukwoo. "Okay." Hyukwoo shrugged, taking a spoon and dumping soy sauce into it while Jay wasnt looking. Hyukwoo ate the spoon of soy sauce and made a slightly beleivable contorted face then calmed down. "No big deal you big baby." Hyukwoo laughed lightly at Jay. "Now, Byungyoon... Truth or dare?" Hyukwoo said, deciding that we were all gonna play truth or dare. "Truth." Byungyoon said conservatively. "Okay...true or not true... You think youre better looking than Sungmin." "Pfft. Have you seen him? I'm way hotter." Byungyoon said confidently.
We all went back and forth with crazy dares and ridiculous truths...but we all somehow skimmed over Woodie who was getting into the game and making his presence obvious but nobody called him out on anything.
I had just finished a dare by Hyunjung Unnie to put a hand full of ice down my shirt and I had a truth for Woodie.
"Oh my God. If I have frost bite on my nipples after this, its your fault." I said pulling my bra and tshirt away from my body, letting the ice fall into my lap. "Shouldnt have accepted the dare if you were gonna complain." She shrugged. "But I'm not a squid." Everyone but Jay laughed. "Woodie!" I yelled enthusiastically, slamming a hand onto his shoulder. "Truth or truth?" "Uhm...Dare?" "I don't beleive that was an option." I smiled widely. "Why isn't it an option?" "What was that? Truth? Okay! So what is your real name?" "Youre gonna waste a truth on that?" Kiseok scoffed at me. "I will seriously deck you throat." I said smashing my fist into my open palm. "Don't worry about my real name." "But I wanna know." "But its bot important." "But I'm nosy." "But I don't care." "But youre a bitch." "But you're really pretty." Woodie smiled at me. I cut my eyes away from him and I tried not to smile and blush at his comment.
"Okay so about this party we're having tomorrow..." Jay started. "No." I interrupted.