Prologue

I watch as yet another drop falls into the bath water. The pain feels to good to ignore, so I let more blood drip. I stare at it while it falls. I feel like I am falling to. Free falling into soon to be nothingness. But I know its not a free fall at all, a bungee cord is attached to my life. Death was just a feeling of my own amusement. But tonight I went too far, I almost didn't come back up after falling. These scars will be too noticeable. What will my friends say? I know my parents won't care. They only care if the are sober. They never care at all. I dream of one day leaving them. The only time I ever get to leave the house is when I go to school or go to a concert. But once I leave for good, most of my problems will evaporate. I hate my parents. I am sure they hate me.

I have my own things to worry about besides them. I love my music. How am I going to get a career as a musician when they ruin my chances all of the goddamned time? Once I am done with highschool, I will be 18 and I will leave. Luckily There are three months left and I am almost 18.

My parents aren't the best role models, so I look to other people. I, Ariel Ivy Rose Stevenson, look up to my favorite musician, Adam Gontier. Him and his band had just released their first album, Three Days Grace. Their self-entitled album is my favorite of all the music I have ever heard. I listen to the CD all of the time, I relate to it. Their tour started last week and they are coming to my town this weekend. Which is why I have saved all of my money and gotten a ticket. Front row. I have my clothes picked out and everything. Just my normal red Chuck Taylors, black denim shorts and a Three Days Grace tee. I cant wait for Saturday, but until then, I put up with my parents...