All These Things That I've Done

"Please, look at me." I begged.

He then slowly lifted his he'd up, finding my eyes.

He never looked so broken. What have I done?

I took his hand in mine, and whispered in his ear. "It'll be alright."

Just then, the look in his eyes changed. I can't put my finger on it, but he seemed to have put on a fake smile.

I'd give anything to know what's going on in his mind right now. All of the words that should flow out, has been locked inside by him. This is killing me.

"Adam, let's go upstairs." I got up and he followed. I need to know what's going on in his mind. We need to trust each other.

Adam's POV

I don't deserve someone who cares so much about me. This life, I just don't deserve.

I am going straight to hell. I can already tell.

Ariel's POV

As we got to the bedroom, I heard a thud on the ground behind me. Adam.

I turned around go find him kneeling on this floor with his head in his hands. Though he was not crying.

"I need to die!" he called out to nothing in particular. "Ariel, you deserve much better than me! Why do you care so much? Why do you care about me? I don't see why! Ariel, I think it would be better for you if I left this world." Those words struck a cord in me.

That's what he was thinking about down there? That's why he was all silent downstairs in the kitchen.

I stared at him. I can't let him go through the same thing I felt. I almost killed myself, at least twice. Once from sleeping pills, and the other from trying to drown myself in the bathtub.

To know that he is going through what I did, fucking tore me apart. I can't  let this happen.

I walked over to him, before he whispered something under his breath.

"This world will never be what I expected. I don't belong in it."

All of a sudden, I broke.

Adam's POV

She let out a sharp breath and spoke in a stern tone.

"Don't you fucking say that. You belong in this world just as much as anyone else. Adam, you mean...everything to me...." she paused and I looked up at her. "...and I don't want you to go through the shit I did. Just....please don't make the mistakes I did. I went through life, wondering what the hell my point of living was. I know I'm never going to amount to anything, but I never had anyone their for me to tell me otherwise."

She sat there to ponder for a moment, and let out a sharp breath.

"I just want you to know. I am here." she cared so deeply about me. Why?

"Ariel its no use. I can't turn around now. It's too late." she let out another sigh.

"Adam, we can turn it around. We will turn it around. We'll turn it all around! Listen to me. It's not too late, Adam! It's never too late! I have been there. Trust me. Please." her voice was pleading and her eyes were moist. Do I really have a point of living? Does she thinks so?

"Do you think so?"

"Adam, without you....I don't know what I would do."

Her words shocked me. I didn't think she would....feel that way.