Smile Like You Mean It-Part 3

I remember.

"Hey Ariel, why don't you come here for a minute?"

I really was sick of this guy. But I walked over to him.

"What do you want?" I said a bit awkwardly. Not forgetting to put some harshness in my voice.

"Oh nothing, I just haven't seen you at work lately. I thought you quit. I couldn't bear to let such a beautiful girl like yourself reach out of my grasp."He raised his hand to meet my cheek and started closing the space between us.

What is he doing? Last time we were alone together, the bastard tried to get into my pants. That's not happening.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask a bit panicky.

I swear to god if he tries to k-

Oh shit.

I pushed him back into the shelves and wiped my mouth.

I can't kiss him, as much as his lips look inviting. I can't. And I won't.

He got up and raised his arms around me. Are you fucking kidding me?

"Come on, just a little fun before work starts. Last time you ran away like a little girl."

I haven't been made fun of since highschool. He called me a little girl.

Asses like these are one of the things that made me want to die. I never got payback.

"Did you call me a little girl?"

He looked into my eyes and asked,"Does that turn you on?" while clutching my breasts.

I felt so violated.

And I wanted it to stop.

But my words were caught in my throat.

What I did next was neither rational or irrational.

I punched him.

I punched Zane.

All of a sudden, his face turned red, and he lifted his hand and balled it into a fist. I knew what was coming, but I was frozen solid in my tracks.

I saw his hand move in a swift motion and his knuckles soon met my cheek. I felt something crack and moved around in my mouth.

I tried to punch back, but Zane kept smacking me and hitting me.

I was one the ground, defenseless, and he was sitting on top of me.

Hitting me in every way possible.

That was the last thing I remember.

I remember.

I remember.

"Ariel? Do you remember anything?" It was Adam. He was with me, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I felt something moist on my cheek and eyes. I wiped the tears off and started telling them everything I remembered.

"So are you sure that Zane hit you first?"

"Yes. Positive."

The doctor nodded and left the room without saying a word.

Of course. This is a hospital. I got knocked out...or...something by Zane. I remember. Zane put me in the hospital. Where was he?

I look over to Adam to see his reaction to all of this, but when my eyes searched for him, he wasn't there.