Smile Like You Mean It-Part 2

Adam.

I pulled away from the kiss and looked back into his eyes.

"Adam." His eyes lit up. 

"Wait, does that mean you do remember me?" he asked, being careful of his words. Not wanting to get hurt.

"Well...I remember some of you. I remember some things. Like......." I paused for a momement of realization. 

I went through a literal reality check.

"Adam Gontier? You're a singer? Right? Of......of...uh...Adam Gontier is the lead singer of....."

I couldn't think of the words to use, but the tall guy with the mohawk put up three fingers, which I'm guessing was a hint.

"Three?" they nodded, urging for me to continue."Three...." I looked back at Adam again, and that snapped some sense into me. 

Backstage.

"Three....THREE DAYS GRACE. I REMEMBER!!!! You're Brad, bassist. You're Neil, drums. You're Barry, guitar. And last but not least. Adam Gontier. Lead singer and guitar!"

"You know our names? People don't usually know our names. They only know Adam's." said Neil with a smirk.

"Well, I think that if you're going to call yourself a fan, you need to know the band." We all laughed, but when I looked back at Adam, he just stood there, watching me and smiling.

That smile warmed my heart more than I could have possibly imagined. I felt that I have been waiting for that smile for a long time. Too long.

"Ariel. We would like to talk to you." White coat came back. "I would like your....brothers to leave for a moment please."

Everyone walked out of the small white room except Adam.

"Sir, would you like me to escort you out myself?" I could tell he wasn't pleasant.

"No. I'm staying." He gave the man a glare that wouldn't bugde.

So I thought I would pitch in,"Anything you're going to talk to me about, you can tell him too. He is going to know eventually. Besides. When it comes to why I'm in this place, we both know nothing."

He gave me a sympathetic look, nodded, and said, "Do you remember anything that happened this morning? What is the last thing you remember?"

I tried to recall what all went on this morning, but nothing came to mind. So I went back in my head to try to remember something.

Anything.

I looked at Adam and he started talking,"Well, she got picked up by Amanda to go to work, and that's as far as I know of what happened."

Got picked up to go to work?

Where do I work?

"Where do I work again?"

"Spencer's." Answered Adam.

My hand met my forehead in a face palm. Of course. I remember now.

This whole forgetful-ness is fetting really fucking irritating.

"How long is this memory thing going to last?"

"Well, you are going to remember past memories pretty quickly. But it should take a week at least and two weeks at most to recover fully. But what is the last thing you remember? Who are all of your co-workers?"

Co-workers?

"Well...I remember Amanda....Kaleigh? Oh! No...it was Kaylynn. Uh...Ashlynn....and.....I think his name was Shane?" I shook my head."No. Not Shane....it's Zane."

Zane.

I remember.

Zane.

Him.

 That punk ass has it coming for him.