Right Here

I had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

But I didn't get much sleep before I had woken up on the bed. I had no idea how I got up there till I remembered where I was. I was on my ex-boyfriends bed. Did he move me here? No matter.

"Adam? What are you doing?" I asked trying not to sound tired.

"Just go back bed." woah, that was a bit to rude there.

I am not going to listen to this. So I got up to go to the kitchen. I was fucking thirsty.

Grabbing a cup, I notice a pill bottle on the table. It must be that Oxy he was talking about earlier. Now I knew why he was up. He wanted more.

And just as I thought, he came walking into the kitchen.

"What are you doing in here?" I really miss the Adam I used to love. I wish I didn't.

"Getting a drink, what's it look like?" I looked at the pill bottle, and noticed Adam carefully walking towards it. I knew there is no point in stopping him right now, and I explained that to him. But then he asked me a question I wasn't prepared for.

"Did you hook up with anybody after we broke up?" well...not really. But I guess you lind of count Cyrus. I didn't stop him from kissing me.

I had told him about everything that happened that night. He wanted to know almost everything. Where I worked, where it happened. And then he asked me when I started smoking. I was with Ashlynn and Kaleigh. I didn't tell him that. I only did it cause I wanted to fit in. I fucked up. Got addicted. And now I need to stop.

Just then I had this feeling in my stomach. It wasnt like I had a stomach ache or anything, it was like I had.......butterflies in my stomach. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. I did t want to feel that way. Not around him. But I do. I need to think about things.

"I am going to bed. I'll be sleeping on the couch."

"But y-"

"I am sleeping on the couch." I walked off to the living room and I layed down on the couch. I hadn't been here for a few months. And I missed the safeness of it here. And I still felt safe whenever I was around him.

Every time we were around together, he was always making sure I don't get hurt, and that I stayed safe. Like that first night we met. He held onto me when we heard those gun shots. At one of his concerts, a fan tried to jump at me, but Adam was already blocking her from me. At his concert in Minnesota, he held my hand to make sure we didn't lose each other. He was always protecting me. And he hasn't stopped yet. Maybe I needed him.

Maybe, if he was with me that night, I wouldn't have started smoking, whenever he would smoke, he would go outside. He never offered me one, he never offered me a beer. He waited until I was legal before we had sex.

Maybe he never really wanted to hurt me. Maybe it was all because of that drug.