Be Yourself-Adam's POV

Adam's P.O.V.

-----------------------

She just left. I don't know what I was thinking, kissing her. But she kissed me back. Does she still have feelings for me? I got up to go take a few pills. I took about two or three. Less than my usual. But I am trying to stop. For her.

I love the numbness it created for my body.

I took another pill. I remember last month, I took too many. I felt like I was dying. I couldn't feel my body at all. Luckily I was alone, so nobody else knows about my addiction besides Ariel. At least I think.

I decided to watch TV, the Cartoon Network channel was on. It was Ariel's favorite, and I watched it every once in a while.

I watched an episode of Billy and Mandy. I had no idea what I was doing. I changed the channel to the news, but then I heard a know on the door.

I opened the door to see that it was Faith. It's been a few months.

"Hey, guess what I heard?" she said. She didn't say hi or anything, just came right in.

"What?" I wasn't really in the mood right now. I had a lot of things to think about.

"Shadow told me about what happened." I really was t paying attention to what she was saying.my mind was on Ariel and wether or not she still had feelings for me.

"Yeah? What happened?"

"She told me about your girlfriend, and then told me about how you guys broke up." she was leaning up against the door frame. Her hair was a very light brown, her eyes were almost different all of the time. Like a hazel color, but some of the colors just stood out more sometimes. I remember being able to get lost in those eyes once before.

"Yeah. We did. What's it to you?" I have to admit, I was a little snappy at her.

"I was just thinking....maybe we should get back together.....you remember how things used to be. Well, we don't have to worry about all of the drama now, because we're out of high school. Don't you remember how much fun we had....." she started to lean in, and before I knew it, we kissed.

It brought me back to high school and how things used to be. As we kissed I thought about how much attention she was giving me, and how little attention Ariel has giving me lately.

I probably shouldn't try my luck on Ariel any more. She most likely doesn't want me anymore. So maybe Faith is the right choice.

All of a sudden, she came up for air.

"Why don't you let me in?" and I let her in, and I follow her to the couch.

We sat there kissing, and soon, one of her hands was on my neck and the other on my zipper. This felt much better than just another girl at the bar. I then pulled her shirt off of her body, and kissed her chest, right in between her breasts. She let out a little moan, and unzipped my pants. I felt her finger tips, which sent chills through my body. We haven't done this since high school. I remember us getting to together after performing at a little school concert. She said she loved dudes in bands, and that I was good.

It's been a long time since Groundswell days, and since Faith and I broke up. But this is now, and now, she was teasing me.

--------

It's been about an hour now, and we were having a fair amount of fun. We had made our way upstairs a while ago, because the couch wasn't comfortable.

If I can't get Ariel back, I know for sure I can always go to Faith. Everything was all said and done when the doorbell rang. Who the fuck is it? I slipped on my pants and a shirt, and headed downstairs. It was Barry.

"Hey, man. Dude! Your hair is looking like shit. Have you been sleeping all day or just that fucking lazy?" neither actually.

"Lazy."

"Whatever. I came here to check up on Ariel, see how she's doing."

"Oh! Uh....Ariel.....She went out somewhere." why did she leave again? FUCK!

"Why? Where'd she go?"

"I don't know. She probably went to go see whoever and wherever. I don't care." I didn't, did I?