All These Things That I've Done-Adam's POV

Adam's P.O.V.

-----------------------

Once I got to practice, I couldn't help but feel nervous. Maybe I should've gone and taken her to work. Damn.

I still need to beat the shit out of that Zane punk ass. The name just sounds like a douchbag name. Zane.

"Dude!"Neil calls.

I snap my attention to him. "Yeah?"

"Adam. We were talking about recording soon. When should we start recording the new album? What's it going to be called? Are all of the songs finished? Where are we going to record the album?" I stared at him blankly.

"....what?"

Neil roled his eyes thsn snapped them back to me. "We are going to need to figure this out eventually. I have tried asking Brad and Barry, but they just won't shut up."

I didn't catch the sarcastic tone in his voice until I looked over to tthe two. They sat in chairs just across the room, with their head in their hands and they honestly looked like shit. I know that all to well.

So I decided to talk to them. "Guys. What the fuck happened to you?"

Brad just let out a sharp sigh while Barry just turned to face the other direction.

Great. This is going to be fun! Was I this pricky?

"Come on guys. Just tell us what happened. Are you both having the same issue?" they didn't answer so I just looked for something do cheer them up with. 

So I grabbed my guitar and started to strum a few chords when I had just the best idea.

"Hey Brad. You remember this?" I started to sing,"Rubber ducky, you're the one/ you make bath time lots of fun/ rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of you/ woh, woh, beedoe!"

I looked over to Brad and he has the facial expression of a pissed-off cat...so I continue "Rubber ducky, joy of joys/ when I squeeze you, you make noise/ rubber ducky, you're my very best friend it's true!/ Doo doo doo doooo doo doo!"

I keep strumming the guitar but stop singing to say, "Don't make me sing the whole song, you know I can. Come on Brad, I'm not gonna stop until you lighten up." he doesn't say anything, just smirks.

So I keep going.

"Everyday when I make my way to the tubby/ I find a little fella who's cute and yellow and chubby/ rub-a-dub-a-dubby!" I looked back at Brad who's eyes keep getting brighter and brighter the more I sing. 

As I open my mouth to sing more, Brad finally speaks. "Okay, okay. Shut up. I tell you what's wrong man. Just....just don't do that again." he waved his hands as if to rid the past five minutes. "Why the fuck did you have to go there. You know I don't like to bring that up. You swore you wouldn't bring that up ever again. Shit Adam."

I laughed my ass off thinking about the time he told me about his mom washing him in the bath and singing the rubber ducky song. Poor guy. Little did I know, this would get Barry to talk too.

"What the fuck was that? I think hell just froze over." 

I chuckled out,"Close enough man. You wanna know the back story?" I suggest.

"Oh hell no Adam." Brad argues.

"Well, it all started back when Brad was just a wee little b-"

"Don't fucking start Adam. Don't you fucking go there." he hesitates to see if I will speak anymore of this reminiscent memory.

I stared right back at him and continued with a grin. "His mommy would try to give him baths but little Brad here just hated water. So the only way to get him to bathe was for him to have a rubber. Fucking. Ducky."

I looked at Barry who was holding back laughter and then looked back to Brad who was staring at me with wide jaw. 

And let me tell you this. If looks could kill, I would be dead, and Brad would be in jail. 

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS ADAM?!" He said in between chuckles. Why he was laughing...I have no fucking clue.

"Adam." Said Neil.

"Dude I can't believe you remember that song." Said Brad.

"Adam."

I kept ignoring Neil because I was so caught up in making people happy. Ew.

"DUDE!" He had some sense of urgency in his voice which only worsened my sence of worry.

I cleared my throught. "...Yeah?"

"It's Ariel's friend....Amanda I think. But uh...." my eyeballs widened.

Why would she call?

"She said that Ariel's...."

"What?! What happened Neil?!"

"She....here. She is still on the phone. She'll tell you." I snatched the phone out of his hands and put it up to my ear.

"What happened to Ariel?"

"Well..."