Home

"I guess I have to go then don't I?" I started to get up, the others followed. Neil asked for a hug before I left. Soon Brad and Barry also wanted hugs. After Barry, I looked at Adam who was still on the couch, quiet."I guess I will see you guys next time you come to town, that is if you remember me."

"Of course we will remember you, you knew our names.-sniffle-" Brad stated. Still nothing from Adam, I guess he was just moody.

Disappointed( even though I can't be that disappointed, I just met Three Days Grace) I headed for the door and as I reached for the door knob, Adam's hand was already there. "What ar-"

"I'll go with you." So now he is going to all of a sudden be social.

"You don't have to."

"Ya, I am fully aware of that. I make my own choices." he half-smiles at me.

"Alright." I hope I am not blushing."Bye guys!" Have a nice sleep."

After we left the room, it was stone cold silence until we came to the parking lot. As soon as we get there, he got a bit chatty.

"I'm sorry I was quiet in there....it's just that I br-."

"It's fine, I mean, its no big deal."

"Yeah, well, I wanted to talk to you like...without people constantly asking you questions." He wanted to talk to me?

"I'm sorry. I wish I could've stayed longer."

"I wish you could stay lo-"

He was silence by the sound of gunshots that wonder to close by to ignore. As soon as he heard these, I froze, tensed up, and turned to Adam, who was already wrapping his arms around me with a protective look on his face. But protective was just the beginning of all of the emotions he gave off. He looked like a mix of pissed, shocked and worried. After about a minute after the gun firing, he eased up and instead took my hand. But in a much different way than after the concert, he gripped it very securely.

"Where's your car?"

"Uhm..." I didn't think about that. I needed to get my barrings. "That way...I think..." I pointed off in some familiar direction.

"Alright, let me know when we get there." he started to walk along in the direction that I pointed in. Still holding on to my hand. I had no idea what to think of this. Maybe a bit awkward. After a while of walking, I stated, " You can stop holding my hand now..." letting go as he was clearing his throat to brush it off. Which made me feel guilty. I mean, I like that he is holding my hand, but I kinda just met him.

A few minutes later I see my car. "Right there!" He stopped to see where I was looking, and once he saw me corvette he laughed.

"I haven't seen a car like this since my uncle visited! I miss the stick-shift style. This is yours?"

"Yep, it's all mine." I meant to say something like, 'What, this old thing? Yeah, she is mine, my grandma gave it too me. For my sixteenth birthday. Said it wasn't her style more like mine.' but instead I didn't. I am too tired for that kind of talk.

I walked over to the drivers side and opened the door. Almost sat in, until Mr. Cuddle bug spoke. " I don't think so. You are as tired as fuck. Don't think I can't tell. I'm driving." And without arguing, or thinking, I obeyed.

"You are just going to have let me know where to go, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

After I had given the last direction, I had started to doze off and soon I was knocked out. But awoke to the sound of Adam's voice in my ear. He was speaking softly, as if he was praying to somebody above. Except he was telling me to wake up. The whispers in my ear gave me butterflies.

"We are here. You need help getting out?" It took a while for me to register what he was saying.

"No, I got it."

"Alright, well, I will just wait for you to get off of your lazy butt." I unbuckled seat belt and got up, of course not without feeling the pins and needles in my legs.

I started to walk with Adam to the door. Until I heard a clashing sound coming from the house. I tensed up as I stopped in my tracks.

"Oh, God no."

"What's wrong?"

"No, no, no, no, no."

I opened up the door to find exactly what I didn't want to see.

My parents were home.