Who Is That Handsome Boy?

He was about a foot taller than me. He had brunette hair and a couple of freckles on his nose. He looked strong for his age. He had sky blue eyes.

"Hello? " he asked hesitantly. When he spoke to me I could tell that his voice is really deep and he has a slight southern accent.

"Hi um, I just moved into the house about half a mile down that way," I said pointing to the right of the driveway. "Oh, well then welcome to my neck of the the town," he said as he glanced down the driveway like he was looking for something. "Thanks. I'm Olivia," I said.

If you looked at him you could that he was staring off in the distance; he looked lost in his thoughts. We stood awkwardly for a moment. It felt weird to know that we just met and things were already awkward.

I decided to make a joke to hopefully make this moment seem less weird. "I can tell you are a country boy," I said to him because he had still not told me his name. "Yeah, you could say that," he said like he was coming back to reality from where ever his brain had been.

"I'm Hayes," he said looking confidently at me. "Cool, but I think country boy suits you better," I said teasing him. He smirked. "You can call me that," he said. "Oh, I was gonna anyways," I said as I stared right into his eyes with a serious face.

At that he snickered. "What's so funny country boy?"I asked. "Nothing," he replied.

"Anyways I should head back home and start to unpack some of my stuff," I said. "Alright," he replied. I turned around to leave and took a step away, but quickly turned back around.

"One more thing," I said as I pulled out my phone. "Here's my number. Text me if somethin's happening in your small neck of the town tomorrow, please? I don't want to be left out on somethin' fun," I said trying to sound cool.

When honestly I was really nervous. I mean he is so cute. He could have any girl in the world. Why would he want to hang out with me?

"Sure thing," he responded. I was shocked that he agreed, but I tried to hide it. "Okay," I said.

"Bye country boy," I said as I walked off porch and down the driveway. "Bye," he snickered.

Published
February 14 2017