The Photo

I watched the two boys run around the yard. Hayes finally tackled the other boy causeing both of them to fall on to the ground. "You're hurting my shoulder," the brunette haired boy shouted. "Good you deserve it. You better not have posted that," Hayes yelled.

He grabbed the other boys phone out of his hands. He then stood up, and started to scroll through the phone.

"Don't worry your little-" the brunette haired boy started to say, but was cut off by Hayes. "Don't finish that sentence or I will break your shoulder instead of it just being sprained. Which will hurt a hundred times worse," Hayes said. The other boy rolled his eyes and got up onto his feet. "You can try," he said under his breath.

Hayes must have heard him because he kicked the other boy in the knee causing him to double over in pain. The other boy then tried to kick Hayes, but he moved away before he could get hurt.

"Anyways I didn't post it," the boy said obviously annoyed.  He tried to get his phone back, but Hayes moved out of the way again before he could grab it.

Neither boy had noticed me yet, so I cleared my throat, and both of the boys immediately looked me. "Hello there," the other boy said to me. "Hi," I replied.

I looked at Hayes and asked,  "Country Boy who's this, and what were you two fighting about?" I asked. "Yeah Country Boy who am I and why did you attack me?" The other boy asked Hayes mimicking me. If I knew who he was he would have gotten a bruise from my foot right then. He had no right to copy me like that. I thought to myself.

"Olivia this is my stupid older brother Nash," Hayes said. Nash punched Hayes' arm hard. Hayes grabbed his arm in pain. He rubbed it until it felt better then went back on Nash's phone. "I'm smarter than you'll ever be," Nash remarked.

Hayes did something on Nash's phone then handed it back to him."You wish. And this kid took a picture of us sleeping all cuddled up," Hayes said. "You do realize that the fans have no idea we're dating right?" Hayes added looking at Nash.

"Figured other wise someone would have told me. I was never gonna post it you two just looked so cute. I had to take a picture of it. Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend?" Nash asked Hayes. "Because I knew that you would do somethin' like this," Hayes answered giving Nash a look. "Well I am your older brother. It's my job to embarrass you," Nash said smiling.

"My annoying older brother," Hayes said. Nash's smile immediately turned into a frown . "What?" Nash asked pretending that he hadn't heard Hayes correctly. 

"I said I'm hungry, so I'm gonna go make breakfast," Hayes replied walking away. He stopped and looked over his shoulder at Nash adding, "And no I'm not going to make you some."

We all went into the kitchen. Nash sat down at the table, with a bowl of cereal, and went on his phone. I jumped up onto the counter next to the stove while Hayes cooked eggs for both of us.

"How's your shoulder?" I asked Nash. "It was feeling better until Hayes tackled me," Nash said. "Think fast," Hayes said throwing Nash a bottle of ibuprofen. Nash looked up at Hayes, and caught the bottle.

"When did you get here anyways?" Hayes asked Nash. "Last night while you took your lady friend over there out on a date," Nash replied. "Why didn't we see you when we got home?" I asked. "Jet leg. Fell asleep almost immediately," Nash said.

"Why did Mom not tell me that you where coming?" Hayes asked. "I wanted to surprise you. Did it work?" Nash asked. "Definitely," I replied for Hayes.

When Hayes had finished making breakfast he handed me a plate. We sat down at the table, and started to eat together.

All of a sudden we heard lots of noise and laughter coming from up stairs. Then we saw some boys were running down the stairs in front of the kitchen. "Oh I forgot to tell you. I brought some of the guys from LA with," Nash said without looking up from his phone.

Published
March 8 2017