Two Voices

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I said getting off of Hayes' lap. I left the garage and started to walk to the house.

I didn't really have to go to the bathroom I just needed some fresh air to go for a walk alone.

Shawn had kept looking at Hayes and I for the past hour. He wasn't even sneaky about it though. Every time I looked at him he immediately dropped his gaze, but I could feel his eyes as they kept burning holes into my head when I wasn't looking at him.

Eventually I couldn't take it anymore, so here I am walking towards the house trying to keep my cool.

As I walked lots of thoughts went around my head. I thought back to when Shawn and I were kids, and how we had slowly fallen in love.

I had a crush on him for a long time. It had took him years to realize it, but he eventually asked me out. Now here we are three and a half years in the future. He broke my heart, and now when I finally found someone who I really care about again he suddenly reappears and wants me back.

He really needs to have mercy on my heart. I don't know what to do any more. I thought that he would get over it and realize that I'm happy, but if today has taught me anything it is that he's not gonna let go.

I thought back to earlier today when Hayes and I were at the track. Hayes had been very upset about mine and Shawn's history together.

He didn't even know that Shawn was my first love. I can't imagine how he's going to react when I have to tell him. Especially when I love him. I just don't know if he feels that way about me too.

I don't know what to do. I feel completely lost.

I finally reached the house. I walked in, and went straight to the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge, and sat at the table still lost in my thoughts.

After I was finally able to get my thoughts to calm down I stood up from the kitchen table. I was about to head back to the garage when I heard voices outside of the kitchen door.

It was Hayes and someone else that I couldn't recognize. I crawled into one of the cabinets near the floor boards before I could make out who the other person was. I figured that it would be fun to scare Hayes.

"Seriously stay away from Olivia. She's mine," I heard Hayes' voice say harshly. "You can't make me. Maybe I've been in love with her since we were younger. Maybe she was my first love. How long have you known her? I doubt you actually love her," I heard Shawn's voice spit back.

All of a sudden I heard the sound of someone getting punched and a body falling on the floor with a loud thud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooh cliffhanger! What do you all think about it?

Published
May 6 2017