Please Stop Teasing Me

I made my way back to my house happily thinking that this summer was going to be very fun and interesting.

I walked up our driveway. My mom was at our moving truck grabbing boxes to bring into the house. I walked up to her. "Let me get that," I said. I took a heavy box out of her arms. "Okay," she said grabbing a lighter box and followed me inside.

"You were gone for a while," she said as we walked in the house. "Yeah, I guess I was. I'm sorry," I replied, putting the box down and looked at her with my best apology face. "Don't be sorry," she said.

When I heard her say that I hoped that the interrogation of what happened was over. "Did they have any kids?" she asked as she put down the box she was holding. Nope not going to be that simple. Um, yeah they did," I answered honestly as I walked around the living room to check it out. "That's awesome. How old are they?" she asked.

"They have a boy around my age," I said walking into the kitchen. "Oooo," she teased following me. "It's really not a big deal," I said grabbing a water bottle from our cooler that we had brought with us in the car. "Of course it isn't," she continued to tease me.

"I'm gonna go bring in more boxes," I said walking out the door. "If that's what you want to do," she yelled at me. I could hear her laughter coming from inside the house.

I may not have any girl friends, but I'm not going to talk with my mom about a boy. There are some things that you don't talk with your parents about. That is one, for sure.

Published
February 14 2017