Nervously Walking To My Destination

I opened the door to my house, and went in. My mom was on the couch. "Good morning sweetie," she said without looking up from the magazine she was flipping through. "Good morning mom," I replied.

I walked up the stairs to the bathroom. I figured that I should take a quick shower. When I was done I headed to my room to look in the boxes containing my clothes. I hoped that I could find a cute outfit to wear today.

After digging through the boxes I finally decided on a white shirt that had purple sleeves, my favorite pair of jeans, and white converse. I went into the bathroom, and put my hair in a fishtail braid.

When I was done getting ready I went back downstairs to tell my mom that I was heading over to our neighbours. I found her in the kitchen making eggs. "Hey mom, I'll be back later. That boy I was telling you about invited me to hangout with him and his friends today, " I announced. "Oh that's wonderful! Just be back before or shortly after the sun goes down," she replied looking up from the stove. "Okay. See you later," I called walking out of the house.

As I walked the half a mile to Hayes' house I couldn't help, but think what if him and his friends don't like me. I thought back to yesterday when I met him. He seemed really sweet person, but he had also definitely seemed off in space. Hopefully he'll be more in reality today, so I can get know him.

I got to his house three minutes earlier than I said I would there. I walked up to the front door, and took a deep breath. Before I could psych myself out I knocked on the door. The dogs barked just like they did yesterday.

A couple of minutes later the door opened. "Hey," Hayes said leaning against the door. "Hey," I repeated. "How was unpacking?" he asked. "It was good. My room is almost all unpacked," I answered. He nodded his head like he was impressed. "Cool," he remarked. "I can get things done faster than most people," I replied.

"Hayes? Where are you dude?" we heard someone yell from inside the house. "Coming," he shouted back to who ever was in the house. "Come in," he said holding the door open for me.

Published
February 14 2017