The Date

We walked to Hayes' car, and he opened my door for me. "Thank you," I said. He closed the door, and went around to the drivers side, and got in. Hayes pulled out of my driveway.

He kept stealing glances at me from the corner of his eye. "What?" I finally asked. "Sorry it's just that you look so beautiful," he said a light blush appeared on his cheeks. I smiled and looked down at my lap. My cheeks felt like they were on fire. I could still feel his gaze on me every once in a while.

"Were are you taking me?" I asked breaking the silence. "You'll see," he said. "That's mean," I pouted. "What? Making you wait to see where I'm taking you?" he asked smirking. "Yes. You can't do that to a girl," I replied. He started laughing at what my remark. "See? Mean," I said.

He turned the radio on to some pop station, and started to sing along with it. After a couple of songs I had still remained silent even as he sung his heart out. "Come on sing with me," he said when a commercial break came on. "I can't sing," I said. "Please," he whined. "Fine," I said caving in. " But first," I said reaching to change the radio station. I finally stopped when I got to a country station. "Country?" he asked surprisingly. "I might have grown up in the city, but I've always loved country music," I said. We started to sing along to my favorite country song.

Hayes finally stopped the car by a little path way surrounded by thick woods. "We're here," he said jumping out of the car. He ran around the car to open my door before I could. When I got out he put his arm around my shoulders and said, "Come on." He lead me to the path and we walked down it.

When we reached the end of the path I gasped. We were on a secluded part of a beach. The sun had just started to set over the ocean. There was a picnic set up around a big bonfire.

"Do you like it?" Hayes asked. I looked at him for a moment. I was at a complete lost for words. "I love it," I replied hugging him really tight. He held onto to me to. After our long embrace he pulled away and bowed asking, "Shall we?" Who knew this boy had such a romantic side? I thought smiling. "We shall," I replied giving a little curtsy. He grabbed my hand, giving it a light kiss, and brought me over to the picnic area.

He had brought cold pizza, sweet tea, and homemade cookies for dinner. He knew these were my favorite foods, so he put them all together as a meal. As we ate we talked and laughed about random things.

When we were done eating he took me for a walk on the beach. He held my hand, and intertwined over fingers together. We had taken off our shoes, and where walking in the sand barefooted as water slapped at our feet.

He suddenly stopped walking, causing me to stop with him, and looked nervously at the ground. "What's wrong country boy?" I asked. "I have somethin' I want to asked you," he said moving so we were now standing across from each other and not next to each other anymore. "Okay go ahead," I replied.

"You've been an amazing friend to me. I thought you were beautiful inside and out from the day that you came to my house to introduce yourself. You make me feel so special. I want to make you feel as special as you make me feel. Olivia Treadway will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. I could feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes. I thought he would never ask that question. "Yes Hayes I would love to be your girlfriend"" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up by my waist, and spun me in a circle.

When he put me down we stared into each others eyes, and got taken away to a imaginary world where we were the only two people that existed. He leaned down to kiss me, and I met him half way. The kiss we shared was the most passionate one yet. He eventually pulled away and said, "I hate to say it, but I should take you home." "Okay," I said giving a little pout.

He smirked and kissed my cheek. "Don't worry. Now that we're dating we can kiss when ever you would like," he said with a wink. He then walked back to the fire leaving me dumbfounded in place blushing like an idiot, and my legs feeling like jelly.

He put out the fire, and grabbed the picnic basket. When I finally got back the strength in my legs I walked towards a smirking Hayes. He grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers together as we made our way back to his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for all of the reads on my books. It means the world to me. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Have a great day!

- ratpizza

Published
March 6 2017