Stay Away From Him

Once I had entered the garage I went to the couch and plopped down on it. Shawn, who was slowly trailing behind me, sat on the other end of it leaving the whole middle cushion in between us.

The rest of the boys immediately went quite and looked at us with confusion and concern on their faces.

"Where did Hayes go? He grabbed one of his bikes, and drove out of here looking pretty mad," Matt asked. I remained quite for a long moment trying to figure out what to tell the boys. "I don't know probably the track," I replied.

"And why didn't you go with him?" Cameron asked. I dropped my gaze to the cement floor, and took a deep breath. "Shawn and I told him something that made gim mad. Then he said that he was gonna go for a ride. I didn't want to push Hayes by chasing after him," I said.

"Go to the dirt bike track Olivia, and sort this out with him,"Nash blurted out.

I looked up at him then looked at the other boys, except Shawn, who were nodding their heads in agreement. 

I stood up then went over to the dirt bikes, grabbed one of them, and started it up. I then made my way to the track.

When I got there I could hear Hayes bike. He was tearing up the track. You could tell that he was mad just by how loud the bikes engine was and how fast he was going .

I took a big breath, and started onto the track after him. Once I was able to pass him I sped up. He knew, from previous experiences, that I had challenged him, so he drove after me.

It was always a rush when we rode dirt bikes. He had beat me every time we raced. This time I had some distance on him though. We drove four laps around the large track.

I slowed down, and came to a stop  pulling over. He followed my track, and drove over to where I had parked.

"Give up?" I asked. "Depends," he replied. "On?" I inquired. "If you'll stay away from Shawn," he said. "Deal, but why is that the catch? I'm your girl. He knows that and I know that. Everyone knows that," I said.

Hayes let's out a sigh then asked, "Come on. You can't tell me you haven't noticed the way he looks at you?" "Oh no I have. In fact I've noticed how all of the boys look at me. I guess it comes down to you trusting your friends and me, your girlfriend. Plus Shawn and I used to kinda be an item. It hurts him to see me with you, but he will just have to come to terms with it," I replied.

He stood there in silence for a few long moments not saying anything.  "So do you trust me?" I asked. Without hesitation this time he replied, "Yes, but I'll kill them painfully and slowly if they make a move on you."

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked. "If you can catch me," he said driving away. I drove after him, but couldn't catch up.

Published
April 8 2017