Bacon

I opened the door and walked into Hayes' house. It has become a normal every day thing for me to let myself into their house.

It was unusually quiet and empty. Normally Skylynn would be up and running around at this time in the morning.

I looked around for Hayes when I started to smell bacon. I made my way to the kitchen, and found Hayes standing at the stove with a pair of tongs in his hand. He was still in his sweat pants and a t-shirt that he usually wears to bed.

"Howdy country boy," I said jumping up onto the counter by the stove so I could sit on it. "Hey," he replied smiling.

"Where is everyone?" I inquired. "One of my older brothers sprained his shoulder, so everyone flew out late last night to LA so that they could help him," he said flipping over a piece of bacon. The bacon made a sizzling sound when it hit the pan again. "And you just happened to stay here?" I asked curiously. Hayes grabbed a plate out of the cabinet and put the cooked bacon on it. "Someone had to look after the farm. Bacon?" he asked gesturing towards the plate with his head.

"Sure," I replied. I had never seen Hayes cook before, so I wasn't sure if it would be bad or not. I took a piece off of his plate, and started chewing it cautiously. My face lit up from how good the bacon actually was. "Good?" he smirked. "Pretty," I replied.

I sat with him while he ate his breakfast talking about how he got his dog, Zan. When he had finished eating breakfast we did the dishes together. He washed them while I began drying them and putting them away.

"I'm gonna go change out of my pajamas and get dressed. Tez is at the garage shooting hoops. I'll be right there," he said when we were done. He then made his way to his bedroom. I walked outside and headed for the garage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Here's the update I told you all I would try to do. It was another filler chapter.
In the next update though there will be quite a lot of drama, and it will not be a filler.

I know that in this particular chapter I mention bacon. A while back I had seen a video of Hayes cooking bacon on his YouTube channel, and it kinda inspired my writing. So yeah that's why I mentioned it.

Have a great day!
- ratpizza

Published
March 2 2017