Why?

* Hayes P.O.V. * ( Because I wanted you all to have a better understanding of how he's feeling )
---------------------------
It's been two days. Two very long and stressful days since I punched Shawn. Something I deeply regret doing.

Olivia hasn't replied to my texts or phone calls. She hasn't came back over to my house either.

I've been mopping around these past two days. Which was exactly what I was doing when Nash rudely barged into my room.

Nash ripped the blankets off of me. "Get up," he demanded. "No. Leave me alone," I said trying to grab my blankets back from him. He jerked the blankets out of my grasp just as I reached for them. Causing me to fall onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow," I whined rubbing my left leg that had caught me and shooting Nash a dirty look. "At least you're up," he shrugged.

"May I ask why you interrupted my slumber?" I inquired. "Cause I have a plan," he said. I looked at him confused and said, "for?" "For getting Olivia to talk to you again," he replied. Suddenly interested in what Nash had to say I slightly nodded my head telling him to continue.

"It's really not that hard. You need to go over there and talk to her instead of laying in bed all day sleeping while you avoid everyone else," he said. "You know when you said that you had a plan I thought it would be something that would actually work because I don't think it'll be that easy," I replied standing up from where I was laying on the ground.

I try to snatch my blankets back but Nash balls them up and walks out of my room taking them with him.

"And take some sunflowers with you because like you've told us thousands of times before those are her favorite flowers," he called.

I let out a groan of frustration, and walked over to me my closet. Or more like drag myself over to it.

I quickly change into a plain white t-shirt and a pair of gray joggers then throw on my camouflage jacket over top.

Slipping on my shoes I walk down stairs to find my mom in the kitchen drinking a glass of sweet tea.

"And he has arossen from the dead," she jokes. "Haha very funny mom, but for your information I have been threw something really hard, " I said.
"Sorry honey. I know that it's been really difficult for you. Do you want some breakfast?" she asked walking towards the refrigerator and opening it up.

"Nah I'm good, but I was wondering if I could take a few sunflowers from the garden?" My mom turns to me leaning up against the now closed refrigerator. "Are you bringing them to Olivia to apologize?" she asked. "Yeah how'd you know?" I asked. She immediately smirks. "You have mentioned that those are her favorite to many times to count," she replied. "I haven't talked about her favorite flower that much," I mumbled opening the kitchen door and walking towards the garden.

I pick out three of the prettiest sunflowers I can and use my pocket knife to cut the stems. I then make the half a mile walk to Olivia's house.

"Okay so you just walk up to her door knock on it, and when she answers hand her the flowers and say that your sorry. Easy as that right?" I kick a small rock out of my way on the dirt path, "yeah I don't think it'll be that easy," I said to myself.

After I finally arrive at my destination I slowly walk up to Olivia's front door. I reach my hand up to knock on the door, but quickly bring it back down scared that she doesn't want to see me.

"You can do this Grier," I whisper. I quickly bring my hand back up and give the door three loud knocks before I can chicken out.

The door opens up by Ms. Treadway a few seconds later to reveal Olivia and Shawn laughing while sitting on the couch.

"Hayes sweetie it's so good to see you!" Ms. Treadway happily said but I wasn't listening instead my eyes were glued on my girlfriend who had another guy's hand resting on her thigh. One of the worst parts is that her delicate hand is gently placed on top of his.

Olivia finally notices me standing in the doorway. She jumps to her feet, and starts to walk towards me.

Instead of waiting for her to walk up to me I turn on my heels, and start to quickly walk in the opposite direction. I didn't care where I went to. I just knew I heard to get away.

I could hear Olivia calling after me, but I didn't slow down. Her voice that was getting closer and closer to me by the second only incurred me to go stop walking and start to run.

Suddenly I'm thrown onto the ground with someone laying on my back. I whip my head around to find Olivia on top of me.

I want to tell her to get off of me and to leave me alone but instead only one word comes out of my mouth,
"Why?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! So sorry that this update took longer. I got some stuff going on in my personal life so the updates are going to take longer. And I don't have a set day for them. I'm really sorry.

But yeah here's this update. Lots of drama huh?

Have an amazing day!

- ratpizza

Published
May 27 2017