Pop Goes The Question

I had slept really bad after I got home from eating dinner at Hayes' house. I kept waking up all night long, so I wasn't able to wake up at dawn like usual. Instead I was awoken by knocking on my door.

"Yeah mom?" I yawned. I didn't even bother opening my eyes or getting out from under my blankets. "Its me. Can I come in?" I heard Hayes ask from outside my room. I instantly sat up in my bed and tried to fix my hair as best as I could with my hands. "Yeah come in," I called.

Hayes walked in my room closing the door behind him. I moved over so that he could sit next to me. He climbed on the bed and sat down next to me.

"Good afternoon beautiful," he said. I blushed fiercely and said, "Good afternoon," I yawned again. "Tired?" he asked. "Yeah. I kept waking up from nightmares last night, so I didn't get much sleep," I replied.

"Come here," he said. He wrapped his arms around me, and moved my body so we were laying down and my head was on his chest. He then started playing with my messy hair.

"You can go to sleep. I got ya," he said. I felt safe in his arms. As he played with my hair I felt myself drift off to sleep.

When I woke up Hayes was asleep. He looked beautiful and peaceful as he slept. He had his arms wrapped tightly around me.

I started to think about the past two weeks we've spent together. It has been the most fun I've ever had in my life. Being in the country is a thousand times better than the city. Plus the boys are better looking, and know how to have more fun.

I felt him stir awake. I looked up at him. His eyes flickered open. "Hey," he said sleepily. "Hey sleepy head. Sleep good?" I asked. "Yeah," he said rubbing his eyes. I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair.

It was quite for a couple of minutes as Hayes woke up. He looked at me, and hugged me tightly against him. I continued to play with his hair.

"I've a question," he suddenly said. "Hit me with it," I replied. "Do you want to go out with me in about three hours?" he asked. I pulled my hand away from his hair, and cleared my throat.

"I umm," I stuttered. I couldn't get any words out. I know that he said he wanted to take me on a date. I just didn't think it would be this soon. "Cat got your tongue?" he asked jokingly. I blushed and cleared my throat again. "I would love to," I said.

"Okay," he replied getting off the bed. "Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't answer me instead he continued to leave my room. "See you in three hours," he called closing the door. "Hayes," I yelled. The only response I got was him laughing.

I went to take a shower and brushed my teeth. Then I went to do every girls hardest part of getting for a date, picking out an outfit. After looking in my closet for awhile I found the perfect outfit. I put on a light blue textured crop top with a flowered black skater skirt.

After I was dressed I went to do my hair and makeup. I put my hair in a bun on the top of my head. I did a natural look with my makeup. I then put on my favorite perfume.

I went back to my room, and grabbed my white convers, the ones I wore the first day we ever hung out, and headed down stairs to find my mom.

I found her in the living room talking on her phone. "I know. Anna really needs to- Oh my goodness. Miranda I'll call you back," She quickly said then hung up.

"Good?" I asked spinning in a circle. "Sweetie you look gorgeous! Are you wearing that for your date tonight?" She asked. I looked at her confused and asked, "Yeah. How did you know about that?" "The neighbors son asked me if he could take you on a date. He's really handsome," She said. "Yeah, and sweet," I replied smiling.

"Where is he taking you?" She asked. "He wouldn't tell me," I said. "Classic," She replied. "Wha-" I started to say but a knock on the door interrupted me. "Ooh I'll get it," my mom said rushing to the door before I could get to it. I rolled my eyes at her interest in my love life.

I smoothed out my skirt as she opened the door. "Hi Ms. Treadway," he said. "Hi. Come in," She replied.

As he walked into the living room his mouth dropped open, and he stared at me. I realized that this was the first time he had ever seen me dressed up, and immediately blushed fiercely at the realization.

He was wearing a white and orange striped shirt, white jeans and gray sneakers. "You look beautiful," he said. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself," I replied. He laughed a little at my comment. "I'll have her home by midnight," he said. "Sounds good," She said winking at me. We started to walk towards the front door. "Bye mom," I said. "Bye Ms. Treadway," he said. "Bye kids," she called as we walked out the house.

Published
March 5 2017