What Do All Of These Looks Mean?

Hayes shut the door and started to walk down a small hallway in his house. I follow him to the kitchen.

"What's up?" he asks a guy with dreads. "You kinda disappeared out of know where. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," dreads dude answered. "I'm fine. I invited my new neighbor over to hangout with us. She just got here, so I went to open the door," Hayes said.

"Wait wait wait wait, she?" dreads dude freaked out. The two boys shared some strange looks with each other. It was as if they were communicating with their eyes.

"Why are you two acting weird? I can go," I offered. "Nothings wrong. You're good," Hayes said putting his hand on my shoulder to reassure me.

"Tez, Olivia. Olivia, Tez," he introduced. "Sup Olivia?" Tez greeted. He nodded his head at me as to acknowledge me.

"Okay. We need to find an epic way to welcome you to the country," Hayes said excitedly. "A country boy is gonna welcome me to the country. This will be good," I anticipated rubbing my hands together really fast.
He smirked and said to Tez, "This is my neighbor. You'll see what I have to deal with." I gave him my best death stare. He ignored my look.

"I've got it," he said. "Why did your eyes get mischievous when you said that?" Tez inquired. "You'll see," Hayes replied with a wink.

We left the kitchen. "This way," he said pointing left. We headed off in the left direction. All three of us headed off in the left direction. As we walked to where ever Hayes was taking us we messed around with and joked with each other.

Published
February 14 2017