Dare To Race?

"Everyone out," Nash said after he had put the car into park. We all piled out of the car. I immediately took Hayes' hand and intertwined our fingers together.

He looked at me in the eyes then went to give me a kiss on my lips, but I moved my head on purpose causing his lips to fall onto my cheek. He gave my cheek a sloppery kiss. When he pulled away and looked at me with a 'you did not just reject my kiss' face. I only smiled as a response. Man did I love to mess with this boy.

"Come on love birds," Nash called. We were instantly brought back to the world around us by Nash's remark. We noticed that the rest of the boys had already walked to the door of the go-cart place.

I looked back at Hayes and he looked at me with a 'your gonna get it later' face. I smiled at Hayes than started to walk over to the other boys.

I forgot that Hayes and I were still holding hands so when I took a step away from him he used the hand that was attached to mine to pull me into his arms. I gave him a quick hug. "Baby girl you're gonna regret not kissing me when I wanted you to later," Hayes whispered into my ear. I could hear the smirk in his voice as he said that. I gulped and we ended our embrace.

We than started to walk towards the group of boys, together, who had already walked into the warehouse where the go-cart track was. Hayes held the door open for me. I walked inside, and looked around at the everything from the track to the go-carts to all of the equipment.

Dang that was an awesome track. I thought to myself. "I've always thought so to," Hayes said. I looked at him confused at how he was able to read my thoughts. Than it dawned on me that I had said it out loud.

Hayes and I walked over to where all of the other boys were already getting set up in a go-cart. There was a green and a blue one left since the other boys had already picked theirs.

"I call the blue one," I said to Hayes. He looked at me with his eyes squinted, but I just smirked. "Rock paper scissors," Hayes said untangling our fingers and holding out his fist. I rolled my eyes, but copied his movements. "Rock paper scissors," we said at the same time. I chose rock and he chose scissors. "Best two out of three," he quickly said. We played the game two more times. I still wound up winning in the end.

I walked over to the blue go-cart and got in. A man who worked at the place came over to me and made sure that I was strapped into it. Another man did the same thing to Hayes.

When we were all secured into our carts they started the count down on a clock that was hanging on the wall across the warehouse. All of us immediately took off when the clock hit zero.

Hayes had been behind me for a little bit, but he soon speed past me and took of down the track. He was in the lead for awhile. Soon Nash got in front of him, and took the lead. Cameron was also behind me for most of the race, but he also got in front of me.

Now the only people behind me where Shawn and Matt. Shawn, who was directly behind me, tried to get in front of me, so I started to make sharper turns which helped me to stay in front of both of them. I was also trying to catch up to Cameron at the same time, but he was to fast and had to many strategies for me to get in front of.

A lady was standing at the finish line holding a flag. I could tell that the race was almost over because she held the flag in the air. I could also see the clock was counting down from fifteen out of the corner of my eye.

Shawn tried to sneak his way past me at the last second, but I quickly moved my cart to block him. We all sped up as we neared the finish line with Nash still in the lead.

Suddenly I headed a loud horn sound signaling that the race was over. I made my way to the finish line. When I had past it I drove over to the side of the track where we had started at. I got out of the cart when I got there, and took of the helmet I had been wearing. I looked around me, and noticed that the order of people was Nash, Hayes, Cameron, me, Shawn, then Matt.

I walked over to where Hayes was, and wrapped my arms around his torso since he had his back towards me. I felt him stiffen up for a fraction of a second then relax. He turned around while I kept holding on to him.

He then put his hands on my hips, and lifted me in the air quickly. I let out a little squeal as he held me in the air. When he put me down I pecked his lips then wrapped my arms around him again while he wrapped his arms around my waist. I buried my head into his chest and said, "Good job my country boy."

"Excuse me, but he didn't win. I did," Nash said with pride in his voice. I looked at him and said, "I know. You did really good Nash, but that doesn't mean that I can't congratulate my boyfriend in winning second place." He gave me a stupid look, while sticking his tongue out at me, then started to talk to Cameron about something.

I turned in Hayes' arms so instead of facing him I was standing next to him and he had his arm wrapped around my waist.

Shawn and Matt walked over to were Hayes and I were standing. "I can't believe that we lost to a girl," Matt said pretending to be offended. "This girl is very good at beating us guys at a lot of thing, so if I were you I would get used to it because there will be more where this came from," Hayes replied.

Shawn looked at Matt and nodded saying, "Hayes is right about that she wins at lot of things. She's not your typical girl." Hayes looked at Shawn confused as to why he had agreed to what he had just said, but quickly shook it off.

Shawn looked at me with sad eyes and I knew that he was thinking about the first time I had beat him at hockey. We used to joke about that every time someone didn't understand how I could have beat them at something that usually only boys would win at. I looked back at him, but could feel tears threatening to come out of my again. I dropped my eyes to look at the floor of the warehouse.

I felt Hayes tense up next to me. I knew by that one action that he had noticed the little exchange that went on between Shawn and I. I realized that when we got back to the Grier household I would have to explain it all to Hayes. But just to be clear I was not looking forward to it one bit.

"Okay everyone we're gonna head back now," Nash called. I looked up and saw that Cameron and him were standing at the door that we had used to enter the go-kart place. I wiggled out of Hayes' grip, and held his hand instead. I intertwined our fingers together as we made our way back to the car.

We got back into the seats we had sat in on our way here. Nash turned on the radio, and drove us back to his house. I layed my head on Hayes' chest because he was seating next to me. He wrapped his arm around me, and started to play with my har.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone! Thank you so so  for 405 reads and 224 votes! This is amazing! You all are amazing!

Anyways have an amazing day!
- ratpizza

Published
March 16 2017