Trees And Leaves And Cute Greetings

Either Hayes was a fast runner or just showing off. Probably showing off I thought to myself as he kept zigzagging through random trees.

I tried to keep up with him, but my legs were starting to grow sore. I slowed down my pace a little, and eventually lost sight of him.

I decided to jog around on my own. It was such a peaceful thing to jog through the woods. All the sounds of nature filled my ears. From the chirping of birds to the rustling of leaves in the wind.

I suddenly stumbled upon a nervous looking Hayes standing about a quarter of a mile away from me. He was rubbing the back of his neck, and looking all around the woods that surrounded him.

An idea started to form in my mind. I stopped jogging, and started to walk as quietly as possible over to Hayes. He didn't seem to hear the sound of leaves crunching under my feet as I approached him.

When I was about a yard away from him I jumped up, and knocked the hat that he was wearing off his head. As soon as it came of his head I turned around, and took of running in the opposite direction.

Now I was the one who was zigzagging through the trees. I could hear the loud sound that his feet made as he chased after me. His footsteps grew louder behind me. I took this as an indication that he was getting closer to catching up to me.

I picked up my speed, but it didn't help because all of a sudden I was tackled on to the ground. We hit the ground together in a heap. "Get off me," I laughed playfully hitting him on the back. Hayes laughed along with me.

He moved around so that he was laying on his back instead of on mine. I flipped myself over, and laid down on my back next to him.

As we laid on the floor of the woods I looked up at the setting sun. It was beautiful shining through bits and pieces of the sky were the tree branches didn't cover it up.

Published
February 27 2017