Chapter Twenty-Four - Rescue misson

Jasper's P.O.V

I flew quickly, Suave holding onto me tightly as if I were to drop him.
I smiled slowing down, Suave looking up at me.
"How are you holding up?" I asked.
"G-good..." He muttered as I slowly began descending. He gripped onto me tightly out of fear.
I slowly began leveling out, flying mere meters above the trees.
Suave had hidden hid face in my chest. He must have a fear of heights... I looked around, scanning the area and sniffing the air to try get some idea on where Father and Encre are.

I landed in a clearing, on the soft turquoise colored grass, placing Suave down, examining the clearing. "J-jasper... M'lord... T-there are footprints..." Suave spoke up, motioning to almost eight sets of different footprints.
I walked closer to them, sniffing the air. "Father and Encre passed here, not long ago either. Along with Eterna and a group of possibly Eterna's helpers." I stated, glancing over at Suave.
"We should go if we want to find them soon..." He muttered as he began following the footprints, I trailed right behind him. This didn't seem right...

We walked for almost ten minutes before Suave vanished from my sight. I panicked and shouted. "Suave?! Where are you?!"
I ran forward until I heard a scream for help. "JASPER! HELP ME!" I looked towards where it came from and ran to the source.
There, a few meters from the trail of footprints, was Suave, pinned against one of the many trees, by a vampire. Suave's face had a look of fear as he tried to pry the vampire away from himself but his attempt was futile as the vampire bit down on his neck.
I hissed in anger, pulling the vampire away from Suave. "Leave Suave alone." I spat at the vampire who dared attack Suave.
The vampire shrunk back, fear written all over his face.
I walked forward and grabbed the vampire, hissing in his face. As soon as I released my grasp of his shoulders, he fled in fear.
I glanced over at Suave, blood was covering his shoulder and hand as he fought to keep awake. I rushed over to him, moving his hand that covered his shoulder. Damn it... The vampire's fangs must've gone in deep and when I pulled him away it must've cut him...
I cleaned the blood away with one of the spare handkerchiefs I had with me, before taking out a clean one and wrapping it around his shoulder as best I could. I lifted Suave, leaning his head against my shoulder, his eyes closed yet his breathing showed he wasn't unconscious.
"Suave, relax a little, I know it hurts but the sooner you relax, the less it'll hurt." I whispered as he steadied his breathing.
He soon fell unconscious.
I held him close, as I went back to the trail of footprints and continued following them, glancing over at Suave every so often.
I walked for almost an hour until I arrived at yet another clearing, but this time it had about three tents set up and a set of black leathery wings in the middle of it.
I hissed quietly hoping to catch the attention of the owner of the wings, which I did. He moved his wings to show and all familiar face. Father...
He saw me, but shook his head as if to say I shouldn't have gone looking for him. He moved his wings, revealing the sleeping body of Encre, but then he motioned to a person who was asleep. Eterna...
I lay Suave down, making sure he was hidden behind a few trees before I turned into my bat form. I flew to Father and Encre, landing on Encre's ankle. Father moved his wings slightly to hide me from view as I quickly began nibbling away at the rope, it took almost five minutes until it fell from Encre's ankle. I wasted no time, moving onto the rope around Father's ankle. I tried to chew threw it quicker but it was difficult, so it still took almost five minutes. I looked at Father, he had sat up, Holding Encre close.
I flew back to Suave, returning to my skeletal form, lifting Suave up until I felt something poke the back of my skull making me freeze.

I hadn't planned this out well enough...

(733 words! Sorry for such a late update, I'm trying to balance writing chapters in between school and being Ill. I decided to use my sick day to my advantage, and type this up. Hope you all are happy and comment down below, what do you think will happen next?

See you in the next chapter!)

(Also thank you all for 14k reads!)