Chapter 36 - Dawn

No one's P.O.V

Dawn came by sooner than Jasper would've liked. Eterna came back, chaining Jasper's arms behind his back and dragging him outside. No matter how much Jasper struggled, his attempts were futile. He was too weak. He hadn't eaten properly and he was injured.

He cried out in pain as soon as the light hit him. Jasper struggled more trying to free himself, even more, crying out in pain. Tears flowed down his face as he was thrown in a metallic cage so he couldn't escape. Even if Jasper tried to turn into a bat, he'd be far too much in pain to do anything.

The sun wasn't fully up yet, but it meant Jasper had to suffer for longer. Eterna watched, smirking. The townspeople crowded around. Some knights dragged Encre out, forcing him to watch his own 'son' in pain.
Encre's eyes widened when he saw Jasper wailing in pain. He kept trying to free himself, begging loudly for them to free the young vampire. "P-please! Let the young prince go! He's harmless! He's my son!" Encre practically screamed, tears instantly falling from his eyes.
Jasper blocked the sun out, hissing in pain as his wings were burning. He looked at Encre sadly, whimpering in pain. "M-mom..." He whimpered, reaching out to Encre.
Encre would've been happy about Jasper calling him Mom but this wasn't the best situation.

The towns people looked at Encre in disgust, one or two had hidden pity in their eyes. "L-let him go! P-please! He's a little kid!" Encre cried out, crocodile tears falling as he tried going to Jasper not caring about how weak and tired he felt.
Jasper whimpered loudly, crocodile tears streaming down his own face, as he spoke softly. The pain was clearly evident in his voice. "Please save your energy."
Encre managed to free himself, only because the knights felt pity. He ran to the cage, trying to open it but failing.
The young vampire smiled softly as Encre's attempts, reaching out to him. "M-mom..." He whispered softly.
Encre gently grabbed Jasper pulling him into a hug, or the best one he could manage with Jasper in the cage. "J-jasper..." Encre cried, his tears falling more frequently.

The town people just stared at the two. They couldn't believe how much the French artist trusted the small vampire.
"Ja-Jasper... Y-you'll be fine! I know you will..." Encre's voice fell into a whisper. "You need energy..." He whispered as if suggesting for Jasper drink Encre's blood.
Jasper shook his head, closing his eyes slowly.
"J-jasper! O-open your eyes! Please!" Encre cried more, shaking terribly as he stroked Jasper's skull lightly.
The vampire opened his eyes. Smiling sadly. "I-if I don't s-survive... Ple-please tell Fallacy and S-suave that I love them." He spoke, pain and sadness seeping into his voice.
"You will! I promise you!" Encre cried loudly.
Jasper whimpered in pain softly, hissing loudly.
Encre closed his eyes tightly, screaming as loudly as he could. "YOU ALL ARE MONSTERS! YOU'RE TAKING JASPER, A YOUNG KID, AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY! FROM HIS LOVED ONES! FROM HIS PARENTS! FROM EVERYONE WHO LOVES HIM! LET HIM GO!" Encre screamed, clutching onto Jasper tightly.

Everyone stayed silent before someone spoke. It was one of Encre's bullies. "He deserves this."
Encre whipped his head around, glaring at the bully. "You deserve to be in his place! ALL OF YOU!" He spat, looking back at Jasper. "H-hey, S-son... P-please stay awake. I promise you, you won't die..." Encre cried.
Jasper opened his eyes, looking up at Encre.

"Don't make promises you can't keep..."

(I cried. Let's just leave the cliffhanger.)