Tryout's (WroetoMD)

Both 16

Chris was one off the insecure boys at school, he was one off the guys who was to scared to try out for the football team, even if he was most likely better than half off the team, he was still to scared to just go for it, the fear off making a fool out of yourself was much stronger than his need to play football, he did not want to do something stupid during a game that everyone would be talking about for the rest off the year, He could think off nothing worse than to miss a penalty in front off a large audience, or get nutmeged, he just could not do it.

"you need to go to tryouts, this team need some good players" Chris's best mate Manny told him, Manny was going to tryouts later this afternoon and as he and Chris had been playing together for years he was trying to get Chris to come with him, he had ben telling him about this day the hole week, he really wanted Chris to come to because he was good, Manny's brother Tobi was also on the team so he had been forced to do it as well.

"I'm not good enough to be on a team, like I can shoot and do keep me ups and all that good stuff, but I'm not good enough to play a regular game"

"shut up, yes you are"

"I'm really not"

"you won't know unless you try, just come with me, a bunch off us are going"

"Manny, I don't know"

"then I just know for you, you are coming with me" Manny said

"but"

"no butts"

"Manny"

"I'm not taking no for an answer Chris, you just have to deal with it, meet me here after school OK" Manny laughed as he ran off, he had a different class than Chris, and Chris did not know anyone else at this school, or at least he was not friends with other people.

Chris was playing it over and over in his head, he wanted to go, maybe he was good enough, but then again, would anyone really want him on the team, he was a nobody, and he had never been on a team before, he had only played at the park with Manny and his brother Tobi, he had never before been involved in a proper game and that scared him, but he would have to try something new, he wanted to try something new this year, try to push himself out off the comfort zone a bit.

Chris walked to the same spot that Manny told him to meet him at, and there he just sat down at a bench and started to read a book that he had on, he had already gotten his mom to bring his football boots, and his mom was so happy that he was going to try out, she told him that she was proud off his trying and he was very glad to hear that.

Chris had to wait for Manny for almost 20 minutes, but he did not care that much, Manny was never on time, he was always on the run, because he was always late, and Chris had just come to accept that about his friend, he could not be counted on when it came to time.

"HEY" Manny called as he came running towards Chris

"hey yourself, ready to go"

"yeah, Tobi told me to be there early, to show the coach that I really want in"

"and how late are we then?" Chris laughed

"well if we don't start running, then about 5 minutes late" Manny laughed as the pair took off running, and they ran all the way to the football field and the coach was standing there and everyone was just putting there boots on

"good day sir" Manny spoke for the pair

"what are your names"

"Manny Brown"