At gunpoint - part 2

Waking up

Harry's POV 

I feel someone there with me, I know someone is there, but I can't open my eyes to look, I can't do anything, its like my mind is awake, but my body is not, I don't even know where I am, is this the afterlife, like there is no light or anything like that so it can't be, or maybe it can be because "seeing the light"  is only a myth.....right? I have no idea. 

There it is again, I could feel someone take my hand into theres, It feels comforting, I know someone is there for me, I want to know who it is, but I can't open my eyes, but I can feel more now, or am I just kidding myself, do I feel more? I don't even know what is going on. 

"Harry, can you hear me?" I can hear someone talking, I try to say something, but I have no idea if the person can hear me or not, this is all very confusing and I can't seam to wrap my head around this. what the fuck is going on. 

I can hear something else, but its just a mumble, where am I?

Then I manage to open my eyes, slowly, I can't even see a thing, but I know someone is there, and I need to know what is going on. I blink a few times and my vision comes back, even if its blurred, I can see someone, and it takes me a few seconds to release that, that someone is in fact Josh

---------------------

"Harry can you hear me?" Josh asks Harry as he can see him pull a face, like he is trying to open his eyes. 

"give him a few minutes, the anastesia is still wearing off, it can take him a few minutes to wake up enough to talk" a nurse said and smiled at Josh, Josh just smiled back, he was grateful that he had been allowed to sit with Harry when he was waking up, that was not a given during these times. 

"your COVID test came back, you are not infected, so as long as you don't leave this room you can stay with him, but as soon as you go, you won't be allowed back in, I hope you understand that" the nurse said to Josh as she walked out

"I understand" Josh said, he knew that he could not be there to long, he had things to do, but he was going to stay as long as he could, while Harry was waking up and getting through the first few hours, the poor boy had gone through such a trauma, Josh was worried about him, but Josh did not get to much time to think about anything, he could see Harry start to open his eyes and blink quickly, like he was trying to focus. 

"hey, welcome back"

"Josh?"

"yeah, how are you feeling?"

"a bit sore, what happened?"

"what is the last thing you remember?" Josh asked, carefully looking at Harry

"are Cal and Cal OK? are they here?"

"no, they are at my house, they did not want to stay at home, do you remember what happened?"

"y-yeah" Harry said and Josh could see that the memory's had washed over him and tears started to form in his eyes.

"you are OK, both guys were caught, nothing got taken, Cal and Cal are OK"

"I got shot" Harry said as he looked over to Josh, clearly upset

"yeah, you did, but they got you here quickly and the bullet did not hit your bone, so your leg did not brake, there was massive bleeding, but they fixed it, you are going to be fine" Josh told Harry who just nodded. He did not know what to say, Harry was not in to much pain, yet, Josh had been told that he had gotten a numbing shot into his back before surgery so he did not feel pain from the waist down, but as soon as that would fade, then the pain would hit him. 

-------------------

Josh had left 5 hours after Harry woke up, he could not stay any longer and Harry was OK with that, he wanted to rest, he called Cal&Cal on facetime and they were still pretty shaken up, same thing with Harry, he felt anxious, even though he had no reason to when just laying in a hospital bed, there was no one going to come for him there, but he still felt the anxiety creep up on him to the point of where the heart rate monitor started to beep, and that sound sent Harry into a full blown panic attack, tears started to fall and he felt his chest start to get tighter and tighter, not able to breath, he felt alone, the hole world was on top off him. His oxygen stats started to go down as he started to hyperventilate, trying his hardest to breath and then a nurse came rushing in

"hey, hey, whats wrong?" she tried to ask Harry but there was no sound that came from him, he was in tears and she rushed out to call someone else in to help, then she sat down at his side, trying to get him to breath with her, but Harry was all over the place, not able to focus, he felt dizzy and he was struggling move, he wanted to run out off there, he felt like he needed fresh air

"don't struggle, you are going to open up your leg wound" the nurse tried to tell him, but Harry did not listen, he was struggling, struggling to breath, struggling to move, he wanted out, he wanted everything to stop, he needed to breath, he needed some air, he needed his mom. 

"give him a sedative" someone said, Harry could see someone hold his hand down and then he got a shot into his I.V line, he felt the affects off that pretty quickly and the pressure on his chest started to fade away, he could not really remember what had happened and why this was happening, why did he feel so wired, then he passed out. 

--------------------

Harry was feeling his normal self when he came to a few hours later, his head felt clear, the fuzzy feeling that he had before was gone, but the leg was starting to bother him a little bit more, the numbing was wearing off and he knew it, he managed to reach his phone and he saw that there was a message from his mom and his girlfriend and there were a few messages and group chats that he needed to look through, he would do that all later, first order of business was to call his girlfriend up. Then his mother, that made him feel so much better, it was so good to be able to talk to them, even if they were in Guernsey and he was stuck in London because of the Lockdown. 

Then the walking started, he took his first steps with the aid of a walker that the nurses helped him with and he managed to walk for a few minutes, then back to bed where he caught up with a few friends, then he was made to walk again, but this time with crutches as he wound be discharged as soon as possible, due to the unbelievable pressure on the hospital staff during this situation. 

--------------------

Harry was out off the hospital by midday, 2 days after he was shot, he had been very lucky, the bullet had not hit anything major, his leg muscle had been sown together and he had to wear a brace around his leg to keep everything in place and he was not allowed to put any pressure on the leg for the next 6-8 weeks, he also had a few stitches where the knife had sliced into him, but that would all be removed in a week or so, and they would probably leave scars, but it was only on his arm so Harry did not really mind that, the leg was the hardest thing, he was not able to do a lot and he needed a lot off help, which was not ideal in the middle of moving and lockdown. In the end he stayed with Josh and Freya in there spare room until Cal and Cal had managed to move there stuff into the new house and get his room together. 

Harry was very thankful, he was alive, but the recovery was not easy, he had a few panic attacks during the first week at home, but Josh and Freya managed to get him trough them, his leg was a big issue and again Josh and Freya were there to help him out a lot, he was very grateful for his friends, and with Josh so close, Harry was still apart of Sidemen filming, as Josh helped him with a temporary setup, everything would be OK, Harry was so glad that he had such good friends. 

I'm taking requests... might not do them, but ohh well, I'm still taking them 

also I hope to be back... this lockdown thing is kinda good for writing not gonna lie! 

I have a chapter that I was not gonna post, I've been slowly writing it for a wile now. Where Harry brakes his leg.... any interest in that or no? its a looong one