Robin x Reader (Dick Grayson)

Welcome my fellow fangirls/fanboys to the very first chapter of this book, I hope you enjoy!

Key: Y/N= Your Name

Your POV:

I am just walking through the gates of Gotham Academy, when I hear a voice call. "Y/N!", I turn around and see a raven haired, blue eyed boy running towards me. My best friend Dick Grayson.

"Hey Dick, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, just wondering if you've finished the geography assignment yet"

"We only got that yesterday, of course I haven't finished it yet" I respond with a scoff.

"Well, I have" He says nonchalantly.

"Of course you have" I reply rolling my eyes.

"I know, I'm the best" Dick sticks his chin up proudly with a grin.

"I wouldn't go that far" I smile at him.

"Whatever Y/N, I know you're jealous of my awesomeness" He says cockily

"As if"

The bell rings loudly around the school. All the students begin to file into their classrooms.

"Race you to maths class!" Dick shouts, suddenly metres ahead of me.

"Hey, no fair!" I call back.

Once I arrive to class everyone is almost seated and the teacher isn't here yet. I quickly make my way to my seat and sit down, still trying to catch my breath. Dick turns around and looks at me with a triumphant smile.

"I win" He states simply.

I stick my tongue out at him playfully. The teacher walks in and silences everyone in the room before beginning the next hour of torture.

The cafeteria buzzes with the loud chatter of children. It is just Dick and I sitting alone, eating together as usual. I glance out the window and in the distance I spot a figure walking towards the school.

Then suddenly there is a low rumbling noise throughout the cafeteria and most likely the entire school as well. Then the whole room goes quiet, everyone now looking out the window. We all stare at the figure in awe, none of us daring to make a move.

The rumbling becomes louder and the floor begins to vibrate below us. The whole cafeteria begins to shake and cracks make shapes along the floors. Suddenly, giant green vines burst out of the ground in multiple places of the cafeteria, dirt and concrete flying everywhere. I fall backwards and landed harshly on the floor. I opened my eyes to the noise of yelling and screaming coming from panicked students who are stampeding out of the cafeteria doors. The vines grow out even bigger and block both exits, leaving the remaining students trapped inside. Including me.

Suddenly, the giant glass windows shatter and broken glass flies everywhere. Everyone screamed and ducked down low to try and avoid getting cut. The room then erupts in gasps and whispers. I turn my attention the the centre of the room and there, in all her glory, stands one of Gotham's most famous villains. Poison Ivy.

Poison Ivy gives us all an evil grin, pleased with our display of fear.

"You must all be very frightened, so I'll get straight to the point. Today you are all my hostages, in order for me to lure out Batman" She spits the last part with venom.

Just last week, Ivy had staged another attack on Gotham but was put into jail soon after by The Dynamic Duo. This must be an act of revenge, hoping to lure Batman and have a round 2.